Mens Tennis Forums banner

1741 - 1760 of 1807 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
No. It's dangerous, reckless drivers and the conditions inside the taxis and buses are bad. We badly need a public railway system. But I'm sure if we get one, they'll find a way to f*** it up.

What's your favorite cartoon/animation?

·
Chaos Theory
51,548 Posts
@Awka Liwen You should have seen what happened to Sydney's rail system two Fridays ago. One of the trains suffered mechanical failure in the city tunnel at Town Hall and everything else behind was delayed by more than an hour. A trip that should have taken me 15 minutes took 1.5 hours to complete.

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/sydney-trains-boss-blames-archaic-network-for-fault-led-to-widespread-delays/news-story/9aa41142c91a6c4de42818da909ad7a4

---

As a kid favourite cartoon would probably be Dragon Ball Z/Super (well since a kid, really).

My friend showed me Trigun and that is also really good, from the 90s. Wild west sort of theme, about a guy who is the most wanted man with a massive bounty on his head. Definitely worth watching, see link below for episode playlist. It's very philosophical.

Those who liked Howl's Moving Castle and Laputa Castle In the Sky (Miyazaki) should watch Last Exile, set up high in the skies as a steampunk fiction. Beauty meets sinister.

If you could scale any mountain, which one would you pick?

·
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,743
@MWW you sweet 1st world child :lol:

I will not go into detail about public transportation failures in Argentina because it will honestly be way too grim.

Regarding the question, I'm not sure about scaling but I would love to hike at the swiss Alps.

Do people around you use their phones when hanging out with friends?

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
Unfortunately yes. But I am firm on this, if a person in front of me across the table staring his/her phone more than 1-2 minutes overall during the chat, I just leave :lol: They know my strict stance and are very careful. I am very sad to see cafes with full of people hanging out friends but eventually all busy with their push notifications instead of stories of their respective friends.

How often do you change phone and buy new one? My phone is 5 years and 2 months old and I don't plan to buy a new one unless I am forced to. What about you?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I don't change phone unless severely damaged and/or can't perform that well that it starts getting on my nerves...I use viber and whatsapp a lot, and I like them running smooth, especially when it comes to calls, if those start getting sluggish, I might think of replacing it. I had an iPhone 5 that wouldn't even ring for calls, just display a missed call message few mins later, imagine that.

Have you every wanted your favorite player to actually lose a match? (played someone you also like etc...)

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
Maybe. If he plays a tournament that I think he should have withdrawn or tanked earlier, I just might :lol:

What do you looking forward to most upcoming autumn season?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
There's this girl I like, might be smtn there ;) #prayforn00b

Ever took credits for smtn you didn't do?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Too many to mention.

59 straight Grand Slams. When will anybody else apart from Roger, Rafael, Novak, Andy, Stan, Marin or Juan-Martin win a GS title?

·
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,753
It's interesting that the player who seems to be closest, Thiem at Roland Garros, is also the furthest because well... it's Roland Garros. :lol:

Do you stop to take pictures with your phone if you come across something that gets your attention? Like plants, buildings, a particular scene.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
It depends on whether there are many people around. I'm kinda self conscious.

Have you ever gone to a pet store with no intention of buying a pet but just to look at the animals?

·
The special one
13,502 Posts
I can't say I've ever went into a pet shop to look, but occasionally when i walk past the pet shop in the local shopping center i sometimes look through the window, that's about it.

Are you planning to watch some of the Laver cup next week.

·
5,953 Posts
No, that's one paramedical or allied health professional I have not been to.
Have had some back problems and some Asian massages before on the back, but no happy ending mate.

Same Q.

·
The special one
13,502 Posts
No, that's one paramedical or allied health professional I have not been to.
Have had some back problems and some Asian massages before on the back, but no happy ending mate.

Same Q.
I've never been to one yet, thinking about trying it. I know quite a few folk that have been to chiropractors that come well recommended and I've been watching some youtube videos.

If i had the money i would fly across to America and pay for this guy. Watch what he does around 9:30 my back can do with that, looks great.

Are you good at saving up money or are you a constant spender?

·
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,760
I honestly don't spend much at all. Most people I know usually spend a lot of money on clothes but I'm a bit lazy in that regard.

Do you particularly like shopping for clothes?

1741 - 1760 of 1807 Posts