Mens Tennis Forums banner

4881 - 4889 of 4889 Posts

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Will we do away with the Ruins now that MTF is becoming a dead forum? I feel we should encourage discussion to happen and centralise interaction in the GMs. The Ruins was only a solution to an issue existing before when the forum had more traffic (and trolls).

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The Ruins closure would be the definitive end of what remains of MTF. If the relatively freer Ruins environment ceased to exist and GM moderation standards is all that's left that'd be the last nail on the coffin.

It's a road that has been tried before: "this is a serious tennis forum and we should only talk really seriously about tennis". LoL no forum ever worked like that. This very forum was slaughtered years ago when staff decided to do just that and forum sharply declined as a result.

·
justice for all
12,110 Posts
One of my posts was deleted and I received an alert with a comment but it's anonymous and under the avatar there's a question mark. How can I find out who's the author?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Can someone please change that rule that I cannot edit more than 10 posts in 7 days, even if they are my own posts ???? Thanks very much

·
73,507 Posts
Can someone please change that rule that I cannot edit more than 10 posts in 7 days, even if they are my own posts ???? Thanks very much
The rules about editing are done by V/S and so far no one on the Admin./Mod team has been able to change their minds about editing. Sorry!

·
73,507 Posts
@clearwaters @Bakano I have heard nothing about any plans to close The Ruins. @guitarra I don't know any way that you can find out who the author is.

·
Premium Member
20,469 Posts
The Ruins closure would be the definitive end of what remains of MTF. If the relatively freer Ruins environment ceased to exist and GM moderation standards is all that's left that'd be the last nail on the coffin.

It's a road that has been tried before: "this is a serious tennis forum and we should only talk really seriously about tennis". LoL no forum ever worked like that. This very forum was slaughtered years ago when staff decided to do just that and forum sharply declined as a result.
This forum existed almost 15 years just fine without the Ruins and was 10 times more active than it is now. The establishment of the Ruins did not increase forum activity at all. There were lots of infractions and bannings pre-Ruins, and people kept coming back and participating just fine.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
This forum existed almost 15 years just fine without the Ruins and was 10 times more active than it is now. The establishment of the Ruins did not increase forum activity at all. There were lots of infractions and bannings pre-Ruins, and people kept coming back and participating just fine.
It was pre-social media boom. Things and people change with time. You react and adapt to societal changes or be left behind. If someone doesn't like the Ruins best solution is not to participate and increase own contribution to other forum sections, not shoving one's choices down other people's throats.

·
Super Moderator
7,792 Posts
As my fellow mod mentioned above, there are for now no discussions over the future of The Ruins. They seem a bit irrelevant yes, but they do no harm resp. there's a bigger chance for a certain company to mess up further, hence we just let it as it is.

4881 - 4889 of 4889 Posts