Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogie currently sits at 1,242, as he continues to approach Connors' 1,274 wins, will they suddenly add more to Connors' total again, like they've already done once, or was the one time it for good?? To think that Rogie is ONLY 33 wins away from surpassing Connor's total and only 58 wins away from a whopping 1,300 overall.... My last question is which event will Rogie surpass Connors' 1,274 with win #1,275 (assuming they don't add any more to Connors' total)?? I for one think #1,275 is happening in 2020, it's just a matter of where, maybe somewhere like Cincinnati or the USO!! Your thoughts??

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read he'll only play at the FO on clay, no MC, M, nor R!! OF course all of this could change at any time, but they'd better NOT add any more wins to Connors' resume as Rogie approaches 1,274, but we'll see...

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me it's Rogie: 1.) Getting to 1,275 to surpass Connors and 2.) Getting to a nice round 1,300 overall...

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Ask Slasher. He is the only one i trust in rankings and wins.
Cincinnti or Usopen.
This might be a bitter sweet record breaking time for Federer. Because he might losse his preciso 310 by that time if not earlier.

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
It looks like the ATP won't add more wins to Connors, in another forum the person who help the ATP said there weren't more additions for Connors. He has more wins but those are from un-recognized tournaments.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hmm let’s see probably 9 wins between IW and Miami. 5 at RG, 5 at Halle, 7 at Wimbledon, 5 at Cincinnati, which means he’ll pass Connors at the USO

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
I wouldn't put it past Connors to come out of retirement and try to add some more wins. :p

·
Premium Member
9,550 Posts
Connors or Vilas digest is difficult to track as ATP was not the only Circuit and the only ranking at that time, other Circuit like WCT ruled by Lamar Hunt and Nixdorf was giving more money than ATP and no ATP points, plus better players were also playing Semi Exhibitions like World Tennis....

But anyhow I am pretty confident Federer will overpass if staying healthy, he should not face big names in tournaments with high ranking and high seeding and we saw in AO most second zone players are not able to deal with defeating him and choke.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
But anyhow I am pretty confident Federer will overpass if staying healthy, he should not face big names in tournaments with high ranking and high seeding and we saw in AO most second zone players are not able to deal with defeating him and choke.
Well, one of his very last wins on tour was against Novak Djokovic at the tour finals. Is he a "second zone player"?

And last year he reached a slam final, beating Rafa on the way, and reached another semi-final, beating Stan along the way. He beat Medvedev and Shapovalov in Miami and beat Tsitsipas in two finals. He beat Nishikori and Berretini.

All of those wins count towards his wins total.

So I'm not sure who you're trying to convince with this nonsense.

Roger is #3 in the world with a reduced schedule because he can still beat the best.

I know you're very insecure, but your arguments are not normally quite this desperate.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts