Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this method of victory is probably worth more than a clean 3-1 or maybe 3-0 win.

The more he wins while being so strangely inconsistent, the more you wonder how amazing could he be if he returns to normal ( no DFs and not pushing as much).

I think it does wonders for his mentality to come through this type of match.

If its Thiem he has chances if plays solid enough but if Medvedev he will not match

Congrats on first of many finals!!

Reactions: STUHL

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I believe this method of victory is probably worth more than a clean 3-1 or maybe 3-0 win.

The more he wins while being so strangely inconsistent, the more you wonder how amazing could he be if he returns to normal ( no DFs and not pushing as much).

I think it does wonders for his mentality to come through this type of match.

If its Thiem he has chances if plays solid enough but if Medvedev he will not match

Congrats on first of many finals!!
Although he's 5-1 against Medvedev 2-7 against Thiem...

·
Registered
20,726 Posts

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
6,723 Posts
If he makes another slow start in the final, it will be all over this time.
So really not that impressive.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I agree in theory. You hear that argument all the time in football.

I do wonder if it has an opposite effect whereby he sees no reason to change his approach (his pushing), as it's getting him results.

·
Registered
653 Posts
PCB is the only guy in the top 30 Zverev beat so far during this tournament. In the end, somebody has to win it. Winning ugly and congratulating it is not something I do. Zverev has been overhyped from day 1. He was a better player 2 years ago. He seems too relaxed these days. Nothing wrong with that though because in the end, everyone wants to win, but nobody wants to go to hell and back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts