Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which slam would you want Federer to win in 2020?

• AO Open

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • French Open

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Wimbledon

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • US Open

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say Federer could win one slam in 2020, which one would you want him to win?

1. AO Open
2. U.S. Open
3. Wimbledon
4. Frenchopen

?

For me its Wimbledon.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Who is the troll who voted French Open?

·
Registered
849 Posts
French so he can get double career slam. Unfortunately, his chances of winning the French are less than my chances of rooting for Dull to beat Federer.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
French so he can get double career slam. Unfortunately, his chances of winning the French are less than my chances of rooting for Dull to beat Federer.
But wouldn't a US Open or Wimbledon be more special than the double career slam?

FO would be great but nothing in comparison to winning a tournament once dominated....

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I don’t care at this point. Any slams he wins would be nothing short of remarkable. Of course I’d value trench open the highest. Dcgs would be special. Sadly he’s not beating Nadal there. He can beat anyone else though do if Nadal loses early like in 2009 he has his chances

·
Registered
849 Posts
But wouldn't a US Open or Wimbledon be more special than the double career slam?

FO would be great but nothing in comparison to winning a tournament once dominated....
I see your point but a double career slam would really put him above the others. Really though, any slam win is good so i don’t really care which one.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see your point but a double career slam would really put him above the others. Really though, any slam win is good so i don’t really care which one.
How glorious would a US Open be though?

You cant tell me that wouldn't be, as the British commentators say, delicious?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wimbledon because he can't get any other slam to be frank...he'll probably skip the whole clay season again...

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Great question. Arguments for all of these.

1. Wimbledon, always the most prestigious slam and getting to number 9.
2. US Open, breaking all the ties to get number 6.
3. Australian Open, retying Djokovic for number 7.
4. French Open, DCGS.

I have a soft heart for the French. It would serve to give Federer more credit for his prowess on clay. That's my vote.

Also, a Fed/Dull final at RG for number 20 with Fed winning would break MTF in half.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great question. Arguments for all of these.

1. Wimbledon, always the most prestigious slam and getting to number 9.
2. US Open, breaking all the ties to get number 6.
3. Australian Open, retying Djokovic for number 7.
4. French Open, DCGS.

I have a soft heart for the French. It would serve to give Federer more credit for his prowess on clay. That's my vote.

Also, a Fed/Dull final at RG for number 20 with Fed winning would break MTF in half.
Lol scenario D of Federer beating Nadal at RG would be like Federer having access to the Infinity Gauntlet

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Lol scenario D of Federer beating Nadal at RG would be like Federer having access to the Infinity Gauntlet
Like I said it would break MTF. All the Dulltards would be out in force and trolling with 40-15er, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like I said it would break MTF. All the Dulltards would be out in force and trolling with 40-15er, etc.
Shall we place a ban bet. Or too soon?

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Shall we place a ban bet. Or too soon?
Been awhile since Fed's made a French final. He's gotta get there first.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts