Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting point of view from Belgian player Arthur De Greef who is currently 324 in the single rankings and has been as high as 113 in June 2017
The interview is in French but he says that some players in some countries have been helped by Federation, he got this help from the Belgian Association and played a lot of GS qualifications the last 5 years, so he is still "fine". He also has private sponsors which are still helping him and has currently no cost as not travelling. He does not understand why people who played better than him have to pay for their success, and basically the problem lies with ITF and ATP and a better repartition of the prize-money.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Never thought we'd see the day when tennis players begged for money. Credit to this man for being self reliant and self supporting. Or just lucky to have some wealthy backers.

Reactions: Bakano

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
De Greef has done several major Betfair exchange tricks. Probably earns more than anyone outside top 20. I have seen two times people hoping to back De Greef with several millions against Dutra Silva (once from a set behind) in 2016 and from the get go in 2018. Boys looking to make several millions - never meaning no harm. Big money.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I remember someone looking to back Ignatik at 3 millions against De Greef (betfair exchange) last summer. Correct me if I am wrong? Greef had won the 2nd set 6-0.

Boys making money. Never meaning no harm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts