Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have tickets for tonights night session on Ashe and with all the rain I just wanted to make sure who exactly would be playing given the circumstances around the r16 matches not finishing. I called and spoke with someone in the usta scheduling office about whether if the day session is completely independent from night even in this unusual circumstance of starting the day matches and then delaying them due to the rain. I got some interesting information:

1. Like setsampras stated day and night are completely independent and just because the day is canned, the night will go on with their schedule (serena and federer).
2. Even though the day session has started briefly today, by 5pm if play does not begin it will be called off for at least the day session.
3. If somehow the nadal match finishes and the djokovic match is too close to the night session to begin they will be moved to thursday and will not allow it to start because it would disrupt the night session featuring serena and federer.

Looks like money rules the USTA. Plus i just saw espn promoting the federer and serena matches in a promo. Looks like that is the priority. Really bad for the r16 guys. Heres to hoping the rain stops.

·
Your visions will happen
51,405 Posts
I will lose all hope for the USTA if Fed-Tsonga is played tonight when everyone else is rained out.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
:smash:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Well that's how the morons scheduled it.

They completely ruined this tournament.
its by design mates. they rig the draws and they then try to fuck certain players to bring about the most desirable outcome from their vantage point.

letting the defending champion play just 3 matches in 8 days is total madness for instance.

they knew well in advance that this weather was coming.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
If this happens the organizers are mugs, should be fired, taken out and pissed upon for three days by seven giant camels.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
It's supposed to rain this evening as well. Not sure why people think Fed and Tsonga will be playing tonight. :confused: Also what evidence is there that the TDs are planning or even thinking about playing the QFs when the R4 matches have yet to be played? My guess is Fed and Tsonga aren't even on the grounds...

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Well that's how the morons scheduled it.

They completely ruined this tournament.
The schedule was based on all the matches being able to be played and was assuming all R4 matches completed during the day. They have to schedule for the best but expect the worst I agree it makes no sense for a QF match to be played if R4 matches haven't completed. But what evidence is there that will happen?

·
Banned
5,074 Posts
Well of course... Get their big money maker (Fed) to the semis before these guys can even make the QF. He can take his lovely wife to the swiss chocalate factory in Basil, head to caribbean, get some shut eye, and be back in time next week (after these torrential storms end) for the semis well rested..

Come on Tsonga.. Blow that mug off the court

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
:(

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
FACTS:
1. This year, for the first time in the Open Era, the #1 ranked player in the world was not scheduled to play on Arthur Ashe.
2. This year, for the first 5 matches, the #1 player was scheduled to play 4 times on Arthur Ashe. 2 of which were top billing night sessions.
3.This year, for the first 5 matches, the #3 player was scheduled to play all 5 times on Arthur Ashe, 3 of which were top billing night sessions.
As if this wasn't bad enough, we may have Novak's match cancelled and Roger playing his QF match tonight, giving him, if he wins, 1 day extra rest before his SF match. :rolleyes:

The organisers are not doing this right, if they really want Roger to win, they should fly the Paris crowd to New York to insult Novak and cheer his mistakes. Otherwise Roger will fail to win, even with all this extra help. Just ask the Dubai organisers. :D

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
The latest schedule from USO web site has cancelled both men's QF matches and some other matches scheduled late in other courts.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Fed and djokovic won't play today so the paranoid schizophrenics can stop with their conspiracy theories.

Reactions: Nole fan

·
Registered
889 Posts
Well of course... Get their big money maker (Fed) to the semis before these guys can even make the QF. He can take his lovely wife to the swiss chocalate factory in Basil, head to caribbean, get some shut eye, and be back in time next week (after these torrential storms end) for the semis well rested..

Come on Tsonga.. Blow that mug off the court
You mad Federer >>>. Sampras?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts