Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
According to Eurosport France, Arnaud Clement has played the final match of his career, losing 7-5 6-2 to Bjorn Phau in the Australian Open's Qualifyings. Clement was due to play the whole 2012 season, but is about to announce at the end of the week a definitive retirement coming earlier than excepted.

·
Administrator
2,442 Posts
Re: Arnaud Clement calls it a career

FFT :eek: Awarding the WC to De Schepper instead of a former finalist about to end his career.

Arnaud, you will be missed :)

·
Registered
19,415 Posts

He took the good decision
Arnaud :worship: Good luck in the future

·
Banned
556 Posts

Always enjoyed to watch Clement battle, small player but heart of a lion, had many big wins against superior players, took the ball early on the rise hit flat consistent, drove a lot of players nuts, remember seeing him beat Moya on grandstand at US Open, he owned Moya there for a while, and that was when Moya was in his best years. Clement was also a nice friendly player with fans and media, saw him practice in DC once, he was working on different shots he never played in matches, 15 straight minutes of underspin forehands and then 15 straight minutes of slice one hand backhands. He also overcame some injuries, heard when out injured with a right shoulder problem, he played an interclub French league match lefty and still won over a top player. Thanks for a great career you will be remembered Arnaud!

·
Registered
23,623 Posts

the ballboys salute him

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts

Have a good after-tennis life Arnaud, you deserved it :yeah:

·
Registered
12,123 Posts

Let's wait for confirmation, maybe it's just bad mood after a lost match, I don't think it's the kind of moment when you can be sure that the player has taken a final decision.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts

It was his last match in Melbourne ;) He plans to stop in singles at the end of 2012 or after Rg/Wimbledon.

It's not an article by Eurosport just few line wrote by a student in journalism I think :lol: He will be at his beloved Open 13 for MD WC or qualies in the next weeks.

Then true that like the old Rainer they are leaving but it was not his last match sorry for Ad Wim who wait his retirement.

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

It was his last match in Melbourne ;) He plans to stop in singles at the end of 2012 or after Rg/Wimbledon.

It's not an article by Eurosport just few line wrote by a student in journalism I think :lol: He will be at his beloved Open 13 for MD WC or qualies in the next weeks.

Then true that like the old Rainer they are leaving but it was not his last match sorry for Ad Wim who wait his retirement.
I'd trust more a "few line wrote by a student in journalism" than a fan of Arnaud. ;) :p

·
Banned
6,118 Posts

A slam final but Santoro will be always more loved.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts

I hope this is just an error or Arnaud too sad after this loss.
And yes, FFT :eek: De Schepper will not do anything. Arnaud could be the same instead of him, but for all his past he deserved WC much more.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

I will always remember him for his shades & cool look and his night battles at the US Open.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Re: Arnaud Clement not yet calls end its career

I'd trust more a "few line wrote by a student in journalism" than a fan of Arnaud. ;) :p
Yes bad english syntax in my message but i'm not a writer then it's me who was right ;)

The error was confirmed. The person who write this lines made indeed a mistake between last match in Melbourne and his last match even if this one is comming soon. He will play Marseille so balls kids has to wait few more matches to be quiet :bolt:

·
29,645 Posts

He was a bellend to a few people especially ballkids. Very entertaining style of play though.

·
Registered
853 Posts

Good luck Arnaud. He is the first tennis player I ever saw in person. He walked by me when I was standing in line at the 2006 USO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts