Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 24Th. 93 years of the Armenian Genocide, first genocide of the 20th century.

Do not forget and always fight.

here are links, if u want to know more about this..

Spanish

www.GenocidioArmenio.org

English

History1900s.About.com
www.TheForgoten.org
www.Genocide1915.info
www.ArmenianGenocidePosters.org
15level.com - 24 april
www.Cicilia.com
www.fedayi.com - Genocide
www.Armenian-Genocide.org
www.ess.uwe.ac.uk - Genocide
www.24april.org
www.Hr-Action.org - Armenia
April 24.info
www.Armenocide.am
www.Zoryan.org
www.umd.umich.edu - Armenian Facts
www.Hyeetch.Negar.com.au - Genocide
www.genocide.am

German

www.Gendercide.org - Caso Armenia
www.Armenocide.de

Russian

Genocide.ru

French

www.cdca.asso.fr

Armenian

Ermeni.netfirms.com

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Re: Armenian Genocide // DO NOT FORGET!

It's really a shame that more people do not know about this. Much of the world didn't know about it immediately after it occurred, and because the Ottoman government went unpunished Hitler was encouraged to be able to do the same without repercussions from the international community.

This is why something MUST be done now about Darfur, because when genocide goes unpunished it only encourages other people to commit similar acts.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

Haute, people don't know where Armenia is, let alone the genocide issues.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

A whole race Genocide,
Taken away all of our pride,
A whole race Genocide,
Taken away, Watch Them all fall down.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts

A whole race Genocide,
Taken away all of our pride,
A whole race Genocide,
Taken away, Watch Them all fall down.
SOAD is the shit ;)

It's nice to see a thread about it here. Here in France no media are talking about it. As for myself I will like every year go to commemorate it with the armenian community.

I think it's just normal to ask for recognition, but we have to face negation and it's kind of hard, as governments don't care about humanity and are more concerned about the money.

It's really sad to see that, because money is more important and they prefer to act as they don't care about the armenian genocide...

·
Premium Member
10,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yeahh is sad, so terrible.. its more important 1 sheet of green old paper than recognize the genocide.
But be can change this with 1 little thing than is tell everybody
about your history.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

Well, I know...but as I remember Turkey didn't recognize this as a genocide still, right?

I tried to tell some people here about our history and it's given the results. At least one man changed his mind...and I gain the friend instead the "enemy".

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

This was a horrible act in history and Turkey still hasn't acknowledged it happened.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

Some Armenian academics living in other countries have been threatened because of the Turkish animosity towards the genocide concept, one living in Sweden was murderered I believe.

·
Registered
521 Posts

This was a horrible act in history and Turkey still hasn't acknowledged it happened.
Turkey officially says the young turk regime (heading the ottomans at the time) had to adopt the measures of relocation due to the exigencies of war and their mistrust over the armenian vis-a-vis russia in vulnerable regions like anatolia. And that in this deportation, unfortunate things like disease,starvation happened. Relocation(deportation amidst murder in reality ), not genocide, is their standard defence.

Hitlerfan, don't ever try to exagerrate when i am around. My irrefutable methods will expose your pretence yet again.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

Terrifying act indeed, 2/3 or Armenians were killed

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

what happened to 2 million jews in poland after ww2 mister?
Oh, different things: departure to new established Israel, or anywhere else unable to live in a land of Auschwitz, changing surnames, some getting killed in afterwar reality, many were forced to leave in 1968, today there's approx 15,000

·
Registered
521 Posts

2 million to 15000? must be the mother of all genocides. where is the resolution against poland????

·
Premium Member
10,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The turkey goberment should know about the words.
They cant say than that was deportation, that was Exile + Genocide.
Beacuse they first kill beheaded all writers, journalists, politicians
and influential people in society armenia. That hapened April 24 1915.
Also they cant say than it was for self-defense, possibly a child 5
years of age may make them ill? Perhaps a woman pregnant ?
or a man 70 years, could do?

That territory was inhabited by Armenians more than 3000 years ago.
3000 YEARS! and they wanted to deport the society that wroted there books,
to their shoes, they were teaching their children?

And I will leave 2 link of photos are impressive strengths were taken by photographers Americans, French and German beetwen the genocide years.

http://www.genocidioarmenio.org/pruebas_imagenes.asp?id=9

http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_spa.html

Genocide: is the deliberate and systematic destruction of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.
While precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. Article 2, of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Deportation: not to be confused with extradition, generally means the expulsion of someone from a place or country. In general, the term now refers exclusively to the expulsion of foreigners (the expulsion of natives is usually called banishment, exile, or transportation). Historically, it also referred to penal transportation.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

However, there are people who claim at least half of Poland is Jewish.
That's another answer to mediter's so called question

Anyway, how to explain this fact - near my flat, in Wrocław, there were 3 cemeteries before the war: protestant, catholic and jewish. Now, there's only jewish one. Pretty nice for an antisemitic country :haha:

·
Registered
521 Posts

answer to mediter's so called question
even in 1939, poland had only around 2+ million jews lol... 90% of them are estimated to be murdered by the nazis with not so small help from poles and other anti semitic comrades.Even the 1939 population would not have comprised half the population.

Now, there's only jewish one. Pretty nice for an antisemitic country
you guys know how to fight but are virulently anti semitic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts