Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No current rival for him.. And no rival in sight? A good chance for the calendar next year because of no rival. Fed only getting older and with mental funks today , Nadal serving at WTA proportions, Murray who shouldn't even play slams etc...

Its only going to get worse guys. Prepare:)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Whatever. Why boring? He is not Sampras you know :) Now that man was boring

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Djokovic has a rival : Nadal. He owned him this year, but something tells me that the music will not be the same next year.

And I hope to see Del Potro coming back at his level of the end of 2009 for 2012.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
No current rival for him.. And no rival in sight? A good chance for the calendar next year because of no rival. Fed only getting older and with mental funks today , Nadal serving at WTA proportions, Murray who shouldn't even play slams etc...

Its only going to get worse guys. Prepare:)
No, technically there are rivals, or better said there were rivals.

Novak seethed in misery for 3-4 long years while Fedal walked all over him.

He fought against his rivals and finally defeated them. Victory is sweet.

Reactions: asmazif

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes it is getting boring to be honest, and i rooted for Nole when Rafa and Fed were playing musical chairs with the slams aswell, i wouldn't mind if the other players would learn from this and come back stronger but i just can't see it right now, Rafa looks a broken man and Fed isn't getting any younger.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
No, he's just gettin' started..ask again in a couple of years.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I'm not it makes up for all the heartbreak Gael gives me all the time. Nole is like a serious Gael Monfils.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yes, mainly because his level is not that high
When Nadal and Federer dominated , they took tennis to another level

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Golubev will rise.

Reactions: wildemu

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
lol seriously? it hasn't been that long and people have been whining that it has been fedal for a long time and finally someone else starts winning slams and people complain some more?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
He's had one year of domination, same as Rafa last year. It's too short to be bored of it. Roger had, what, four years? Four years beating everyone gets boring. One year, not so much. If Novak repeats this year's performance next year, it'll be boring come US Open 2012.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Nope. I was so sad when Federer lost in the semis but frankly the transformation of Djokovic is inspiring.
This.

SetSampras always absolutely bitter towards any player (especially Federer) that achieves something Sampras couldn't. In this case 3 slams in a single year.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I'll be honest, I am for the reason that he doesn't really have a main rival quite yet. The direction is currently headed toward a revival with Federer. If these two can get more 5 setters, I think it will be good for the sport.

A lot of people were happy that Nadal lost today because if he or Federer were to defeat Djokovic at this USO, their hegemony would probably carry over to the 2012 season.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
No, but this just proves how weak this era has been in the last two or three years. What is this, the third three-slam-a-year combo in five years :zzz:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
No, why the hell should I? Be disgruntled to seeing a player doing better than my favourites (just like you :angel:)?

He's been by far the best player this year, well done to him, great achievement and well deserved.
It's up to him to defend his points next year, and it will be interesting to see whether he'll manage - like my favs have done for a couple of years, let's not forget about that. ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts