Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extremely bored with this crap. He is playing extremely well I admit it but his existence is not good for tennis fans except Federer fans of course because he is losing only on the clay court tournaments. Other than that he is winning every tournament he enters. For example I probably won't watch the semifinals and the final in this year's U.S OPEN because the winner will be him by beating "come on!!!" Hewitt 6-3/6-4/6-1 and grandfather Agassi:) 6-2/6-4/6-3 with some boring matches because he can beat them even one-handed:) I claim that he is more dominant than last year's Michael Schumacher on F1. Even Schumacher let some other winners last year. Also other ATP players except Nadal are responsible for this situation because they don't believe they can beat him. They may be wright because of the H2H record against him but they should believe I think. Only Nadal believes he can beat him that's why I'm a fan of him. (Even a consistent Safin believes beating him is near impossible) I hope he improves himself in the hardcourts and later in grass so we can see some good matches between them. But for other players (we can say except a consistent Safin) the situation is getting worse and I don't think it will be better. Among the players near his age don't have any chance of beating him. It will be the young players that is going to beat him when they become matured. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
its just like non nadal fans is bored of nadal playing on clay....

federer is great, but yes i m bored of him....

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
:rolleyes: then sod off and wait for clay season and in the mean time watch something else like golf quit bitching like a baby

Reactions: PamV

·
Registered
26,100 Posts
Of course tennis would be more exciting and interesting without him, but unfortunately we can't change it. :sad: I just try to do something else than watching tennis when Federer is playing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
^^ Hewitt fans sign in ^^

No, I'm bored of everyone else, I wish they'd all play like Federer, now that would be exciting.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
RonE said:
Am I bored of Federer? Nowhere near as bored as I am of threads such as this one...
:wavey: welcome back RonE, gotta love the trolls on MTF

D-man said:
^^ Hewitt fans sign in ^^

No, I'm bored of everyone else, I wish they'd all play like Federer, now that would be exciting.
Now that would be better, why should Fed lower his level so that the rest can win :cuckoo:

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
It depends on if you like the player dominating. For instance, if this was Andy, I couldn't deal with it. Can you imagine having to see those Mojo ads all tennis season :eek: Well, I somehow survived the Pete years (yuck) but that's because women's tennis was better when he was dominating.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
didn't see this thread coming....but you know what's really boring? redundant threads :yawn:

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
537 Posts
so its federer's fault he is playing far better than anyone else is capable? u guys would prefer a lower level of play just becoz there will be more 'champions'? what kinda logic is this? why dont u guys go watch any recreational league games?

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Now that would be better, why should Fed lower his level so that the rest can win :cuckoo:
Before you wave the :cuckoo: smilie:
The poster did not imply that Federer should lower his level but she/he said "I wish they'd all play like Federer".
That's actually a compliment and not a slur.

Domination in any sort of sport tends to be boring for a lot of people except if that sports person happens to be your favorite.
Many people hated the Merckx domination, the Hinault domination, the Indurain domination, the Sampras domination, the Armstrong domination, the Schumacher domination and some people don't like the Federer domination.
Is that a reason to tell the original poster to "sod off"? I can understand that you have a problem with threads like this but can't you come up with something positive to say about Federer instead?

I'm a bit of a Schumi fan but I found last year boring as hell. Don't get me wrong, I like to see him winning but I prefered the years with Damon Hill or with Hakkinnen when they offered him a tough rivalry.

·
Same as it ever was
20,589 Posts
Yep I'm bored but I won't go on about it. Just for the record though, if one of my favourites was the one dominating yes I would get bored with that too. I just don't enjoy dominance.... but it doesn't last forever. Schumacher is pretty much nothing this year afterall.

B

·
0 Posts
all good things will eventually come to an end, federer won't dominate forever

even if you are not a fan, you have to admire his skill and ability on a tennis court - it's once in a generation stuff

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Castafiore said:
Before you wave the :cuckoo: smilie:
The poster did not imply that Federer should lower his level but she/he said "I wish they'd all play like Federer".
That's actually a compliment and not a slur.

Domination in any sort of sport tends to be boring for a lot of people except if that sports person happens to be your favorite.
Many people hated the Mercks domination, the Hinault domination, the Indurain domination, the Sampras domination, the Armstrong domination, the Schumacher domination and some people don't like the Federer domination.
Is that a reason to tell the original poster to "sod off"? I can understand that you have a problem with threads like this but can't you come up with something positive to say about Federer instead?

I'm a bit of a Schumi fan but I found last year boring as hell. Don't get me wrong, I like to see him winning but I prefered the years with Damon Hill or with Hakkinnen when they offered him a tough rivalry.
I know what the poster meant, and my using the :cuckoo: has eveything to do with level of play going down so that there is more competition. I am sick of these threads, but I guess you are more level headed than I am :shrug: so kudos to you

I'm happy to live in a time where I have the chance to see a legend in the making. Enough said

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Each time I get to see a Federer's match, I consider myself lucky to witness his genius. Genius can't bore me.

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
16,844 Posts
jayrhum said:
Each time I get to see a Federer's match, I consider myself lucky to witness his genius. Genius can't bore me.
:yeah:

the match between Santoro and Roger was so boring the NY crowd had to do the wave to make it exciting. :p

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
to do with level of play going down so that there is more competition
Well, I interpreted the original post as a wish for others to step up to his level rather than for Federer to step down.

badgambler said:
if you are not a fan, you have to admire his skill and ability on a tennis court - it's once in a generation stuff
Yep. I love the tough matches and Federer is rarely challenged but you have got to admire his talent.
During the Wimbledon match, I was wishing for Roddick to come up with some answers so that we would actually have a match but at the same time, I was gobsmacked at times by the level of play of Roger.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.