Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reckon I have a fairly poor social life, I meet sometimes with the people I've known all over my life, so Im not the type of guy who has 500 different types of friends just because they happen to meet with me at the gym or in any other casual activity. It seems women seem to be turned off by men who doesnt seem well respected or supported by a large social-circle or who doesnt scream out as being extremely interesting and having interesting activities integrated into their lifestyles.

It doesnt matter how goodlooking you are, it seems that women are able to overlook for the physical appearance when It comes about social-circle and lifestyle, being popular and socially active/respected seem to be more important for them nowadays.

Again I'm not saying Im socially awkward or retarded but Im far from being the extremely outgoing, popular person who has a huge social circle of friends.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Well, pretty obvious they do are turned off by that, unless the girls are themselves cave girls

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. No woman has ever been interested in me.
But you live in a very social-oriented country, Have you ever tried joining activities?

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
The people you meet in real life must know about your MTF exploits.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
The people you meet in real life must know about your MTF exploits.
This is how I get my chicks.

JK, I actually am in the same boat as OP. I'm not a people person, and for that reason I can't get any chicks. Luckily at my age girlfriends don't matter.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is an interesting topic I think. I have Asperger's Syndrome and I would consider myself to be an introvert. I'm quite shy but I believe that I'm more of a confident person now than when I was in my mid-teens and I'm currently 23. I feel uncomfortable in certain kinds of places such as certain bars and pubs. I have never been to a nightclub and I never want to. I know quite a few people and I have a fair few Facebook friends. I get on with all of them as far as I'm aware but I wouldn't consider them all to be true friends of mine. I would consider most of them to be more like acquaintances to me. I would, however, be happy to have chat with any of them and I try to make sure that I post at least a birthday message to all of my Facebook friends on their walls when their birthday comes around. I do, though, have a few proper friends who I see every now and then. At the moment, I feel content with the situation I'm in. I'm not a very outgoing person but this might have something to do with me being rather reserved as a person and my disability.

I think it's difficult to define what a poor social life is. People are different and not everyone is an extrovert who likes going to big parties every weekend. I think it's up to you what you want for yourself personally. blueclay, if you're happy yourself with your current social life, then I don't see why you should change anything. However, if you're unhappy with it, then you should try to do something about it. These are just my personal opinions and you can ignore them if you want to. As for your theory about women being turned off by men who don't appear to have a great social life, I can't really comment on that as I don't know if that is the case with most women. I'm not the most confident man when it comes to talking to girls but one of my friends is a girl, so I guess that's good.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I was gonna say "inb4 Joe moaning about his life", but I was well and truly beaten to the punch.

On balance, the answer to your question is yes.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I was actually referring to the OP...

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This is an interesting topic I think. I have Asperger's Syndrome and I would consider myself to be an introvert. I'm quite shy but I believe that I'm more of a confident person now than when I was in my mid-teens and I'm currently 23. I feel uncomfortable in certain kinds of places such as certain bars and pubs. I have never been to a nightclub and I never want to. I know quite a few people and I have a fair few Facebook friends. I get on with all of them as far as I'm aware but I wouldn't consider them all to be true friends of mine. I would consider most of them to be more like acquaintances to me. I would, however, be happy to have chat with any of them and I try to make sure that I post at least a birthday message to all of my Facebook friends on their walls when their birthday comes around. I do, though, have a few proper friends who I see every now and then. At the moment, I feel content with the situation I'm in. I'm not a very outgoing person but this might have something to do with me being rather reserved as a person and my disability.

I think it's difficult to define what a poor social life is. People are different and not everyone is an extrovert who likes going to big parties every weekend. I think it's up to you what you want for yourself personally. blueclay, if you're happy yourself with your current social life, then I don't see why you should change anything. However, if you're unhappy with it, then you should try to do something about it. These are just my personal opinions and you can ignore them if you want to. As for your theory about women being turned off by men who don't appear to have a great social life, I can't really comment on that as I don't know if that is the case with most women. I'm not the most confident man when it comes to talking to girls but one of my friends is a girl, so I guess that's good.
I tend to agree with you, but I'm one of those people who have a hard time to recognize they would really love to have a more interesting social life and specially meet more women ( I have had couple of gf on the past) but thats has been too few and far in between to fulfill my desires.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Outgoing folks meet more people, and actively engage in more social interactions.. This automatically increases their chances of gaining popularity with either sex. I doubt Women are turned off by guys not being incredibly outgoing, but you're less likely to first of all, meet them in the first place if you very rarely go out and meet people, and secondly, you're less likely to maintain any relationship (friendly or lurrrv-wise) if you lack social interaction. I guess it's a matter of putting yourself out there to increase your chances.. Otherwise the situation will continue being a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy..

'Course, I would never criticise people being unsociable. Nothin' I like better than playing dead on a couch on Saturday nights. Partying is tiring and hurts my liver.

·
10,276 Posts
Yes.

Women would f*** confidence if it was a person. It's something they can smell and taste... and they love it.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I reckon I have a fairly poor social life, I meet sometimes with the people I've known all over my life, so Im not the type of guy who has 500 different types of friends just because they happen to meet with me at the gym or in any other casual activity. It seems women seem to be turned off by men who doesnt seem well respected or supported by a large social-circle or who doesnt scream out as being extremely interesting and having interesting activities integrated into their lifestyles.

It doesnt matter how goodlooking you are, it seems that women are able to overlook for the physical appearance when It comes about social-circle and lifestyle, being popular and socially active/respected seem to be more important for them nowadays.

Again I'm not saying Im socially awkward or retarded but Im far from being the extremely outgoing, popular person who has a huge social circle of friends.
They may think you are not interested in them.. Be direct and if you like a woman, compliment her and be nice.. If you like one a lot bring her a simple present or even write her a letter.. There are many women who like private and introvert guys..

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They may think you are not interested in them.. Be direct and if you like a woman, compliment her and be nice.. If you like one a lot bring her a simple present or even write her a letter.. There are many women who like private and introvert guys..
WIsh it were that easy. It's as hard to fight against your nature, and eventually go out from the comfort zone.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Women have a vary narrow and bland taste in men.

Men love all kinds of women, by this I don't mean every man loves every type of woman, but men's taste in general hugely vary some some men like extroverted women, some men like introverted women, some men like BBW [LOL] and some men like women of different races.

Most women ONLY like men who fit one sort of narrow archetype and no other. And being confident and extroverted is one of those qualities unless you're so good looking that you don't even have to open your mouth.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts