Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't think of any players who did/have done better on clay and grass than they have on clay. This of course makes sense, because hard was essentially made as a halfway point between clay and grass. There are many examples of players who have done poorly on grass and poorly on clay, but can't think of any who have done poorly on hard.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I can't think of any players who did/have done better on clay and grass than they have on clay. This of course makes sense, because hard was essentially made as a halfway point between clay and grass. There are many examples of players who have done poorly on grass and poorly on clay, but can't think of any who have done poorly on hard.
Borg?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Bolelli?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Nadal? Clay - nuff said. Grass - made 5 Wimbledon finals, won 2.

·
Registered
21,759 Posts
Nadal? Clay - nuff said. Grass - made 5 Wimbledon finals, won 2.
If you are looking at overall in his careers, you might have a point, and that was definitely true around 2006-2011. But now it's clearly grass as it's weakest surface.

But if the OP is asking in general, and not right now, then yeah it's fair enough.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Joao Sousa?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Haha. Yes. His best is clay and he plays also well on grass.
In my opinion he plays on hardcourt very well too. Three Times last sixteen at the Australian Open and three times last sixteen at the US Open is an good indication for that.

Tournament wins:

Three on clay, one on grass, one on hardcourt. But i think this has rather to do with the home crowd and there is no ATP Hardcourt-Event in Germany.

http://www.tennisergebnisse.net/atp/philipp-kohlschreiber/

I don't know if it covers all but the percentages here confirm also that he doesn't belong in this group. Clay is even the worst. :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts