Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it or not, i certainly do not, I have seen more personality in a yard brush and more style from a junkie BUT Marton Fucsovics ranked 63 is comfortably a top 12/15 player.

Guy is the most solid player i have ever seen. I watched him out push a very solid Dimitrov in NY twice in one week and do it again v Medvedev in RG.

I do not enjoy watching him but we must face facts. Has no real weakness and in an era where pushing is being more successful at times than aggression, this guy is going to eat us all up and put us to bed tired.

He really never misses. Saw some people surprised by 3-0 against Ramos. Why? Lol. If you cant miss you cant lose and Ramos certainle not gonna hit 48 plus winners more than errors.

He will rout Monteiro too of course.

Volume I - Vasek Pospisil

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Top 30, yes, but for more his serve is too average and his BH too sub-average.

Reactions: DinnerWarrior

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,569 Posts
I've watched Marton a lot and even took a selfie with him when he came to Sydney, built guy. Interesting player with variety for sure. Maybe a bit too rigid in some other ways and not without some mental difficulties when things get tight, but he's not someone you can sneeze at in a draw. He has had some tough bouts he was on the losing end of, needs to flip the story a little more.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I remember being surprised when I saw his ranking on the comeback of the tour.
He is definetely underanked at the moment.
Still a long way to top 15

But Monteiro is in good form, so I believe we gonna have tight sets played.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
His serve probably isn't good enough to get top 15, but he's a very interesting player.

Statistically he's maybe most similar to Schwartzman of all the top 15 players? With his excellent returns but relative lack of a lethal serve. Difference is Schwartzman makes like 6-7% more first serves over a season than Marton.

For me a lot does come down to his serve, because being a 'wall' some days doesn't work out unless you are a top 5 player so you need something else in your game you can lean on. Serve is always the easiest thing to choose.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Definitely room for improvement regarding his BH and serve, but yes, I can see him becoming a steady top 20 player. He's 28 so he's got time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts