Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Raquel said:
Not as many. But if you get WCs you have to win some matches otherwise there's no point in getting them. He's won enough matches in tournaments against players ranked above him to justify his ranking.
Exactly, and he has beaten many top 50 to earn his points.

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
evanzo said:
But he's show he deserved every wildcard he ever got, it's not like he is wasting them.
I continue to say that if he called Andrei Murrainsky or Murraynikovic he would still be playing challengers

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Galaxystorm said:
I continue to say that if he called Andrei Murrainsky or Murraynikovic he would still be playing challengers
You're probably right. His name is Andy Murray though, so what can he do? Refuse WCs? Not gonna happen.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Galaxystorm said:

Nonsense, he still had to win maches to make the wildcards really pay off for him, not like his ranking is based on 1st round loss points like Donald Young. I will take great delight in watching Djokovic crash and burn, because I have seen players like him 1000 times before, he has NOTHING special, he will never be anything special, he just a solid journeyman type soon to reach his rankings apex. In the not to distant future you will have to cram all your bitterness about Murray down your stupid fucking throat.

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
evanzo said:
Nonsense, he still had to win maches to make the wildcards really pay off for him, not like his ranking is based on 1st round loss points like Donald Young. I will take great delight in watching Djokovic crash and burn, because I have seen players like him 1000 times before, he has NOTHING special, he will never be anything special, he just a solid journeyman type soon to reach his rankings apex. In the not to distant future you will have to cram all your bitterness about Murray down your stupid fucking throat.
You'll find Djokovic is actually rather good, and will no doubt make the top 40.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
evanzo said:
The constant Djokovic v Murray comparisons look like they are going to continue for a long time. I really like Andy but surely you can see Djokovic is a better player than a journeyman. You'll have to learn to accept it soon because I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Raquel said:
The constant Djokovic v Murray comparisons look like they are going to continue for a long time. I really like Andy but surely you can see Djokovic is a better player than a journeyman. You'll have to learn to accept it soon because I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen.

I bet you anything you like Djokovic will never rank higher than top 20

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
evanzo said:
I bet you anything you like Djokovic will never rank higher than top 20
Really? I'm liking his chances to make the top 20, at least. I've only seen him 3 times on TV but I thought he was worthy of the praise he was getting on here before I saw him. So yeah I'd take a bet on it. I accept cheques ;)

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
evanzo said:
Definitely you have no idea about tennis or maybe your nationalist brain doesn't let you to express an objective thought. I'm not gonna waste my time listening your silly comments about Djokovic

I've finished this chat with you . :wavey:

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
He received WC's because he impressed at Wimbledon, arguably the, or one of the biggest stages of all, and was on a main show court.

Djokovic, had he managed to get on a main court and impressed, would have had a couple of WC's at least.

I noticed everyone's complaining about Andy getting WCs yet Monfils has had loads and they have helped him to where he is.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Galaxystorm said:
Definitely you have no idea about tennis or maybe your nationalist brain doesn't let you to express an objective thought. I'm not gonna waste my time listening your silly comments about Djokovic

I've finished this chat with you . :wavey:

Time will show you how wrong you are.

·
Banned
156 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
He received WC's because he impressed at Wimbledon, arguably the, or one of the biggest stages of all, and was on a main show court.

Djokovic, had he managed to get on a main court and impressed, would have had a couple of WC's at least.

I noticed everyone's complaining about Andy getting WCs yet Monfils has had loads and they have helped him to where he is.

Monfils seems immune to criticism because he is black.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
:lol: stop this shit:retard:

We'll see, if Andy beats Ginepri he's around no.80, means higher than Djokovic.

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
evanzo said:
Monfils seems immune to criticism because he is black.
Don't get so paranoid...Monfils has received criticism as well but his fans haven't started thread after thread so the comments about Monfils are not so in the spotlight on MTF

21 - 40 of 63 Posts