Mens Tennis Forums banner

Are French Tennis Elitist for switching Nadals matches 2 Court Suzanne Lenglen at RG?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this thread has been inspired by the sheer ignorance and stereotypical pigeon-holing I'm finding a lot of various posters on this board seem to have on British tennis.

A lot of the time; it seems when one person says something, another person repeats it and then another person repeats that..... another, another, another..... and until you fucking know it, every fucking one of us is saying the same bloody thing. It's suddenly become a proven fact! YES! FACT!

Well fact my back-bloody-side. Let me give you guys some bloody 'proven' facts. I wanna make things fair and ask people this. If the British are elitist, because we insist there should be no 'dark' colours on any 'under-clothing' that can be vividly seen through the T-shirt or shorts worn by any of the players at our proudest tennis tournament, what does that make the french based on/with the way they operate their grand-slam? That's right. On two separate occasions, during the first week of this years french open, the french organising committee took it upon themselves to have the 8 time Roland Garros champion, former defending champion and current/present number 1 player in the world... play on their second show court, Suzanne Lenglen. This is basically the equivalent to court 1 at Wimbledon, for those that didn't know. (Obviously you do, but just incase)

This is my point. Shouldn't an equal question be asked here? Are the french therefore not stiff upper lipped and elitist? Come on. They're basically saying; 'Nadal, your brand of tennis isn't good enough to grace our philippe chatrier court, please head over to suzanne lenglen' ... because that's exactly what they essentially said to the bloke? Right? 'We french want grace and variety!'

I mean let's call a spade a spade. If we are elitist for the way we run Wimbledon, what does that make the french for the way they run Roland Garros? Down-to-earth? Wa? Ahahahaa, don't be shitting me now, cmon? What is this double standard nonsense here?

So. Are the French Tennis Elitist for switching Nadal's matches to Court Suzanne Lenglen?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
So this thread has been inspired by the sheer ignorance and stereotypical pigeon-holing I'm finding a lot of various posters on this board seem to have about British tennis.

A lot of the time; it seems when one person says something, another person repeats it and then another person repeats that and then another and another... and until you fucking know it, every fucking one of you is saying the same bloody thing and it's suddenly become a proven fact! YES! FACT!

Well fact my back-bloody-side. Let me give you guys some bloody 'proven' facts. I wanna make things fair and ask people this. If the British are elitist, because we insist there should be no 'dark' colours on any 'under-clothing' that can be vividly seen through the T-shirt or shorts worn by any of the players at our proudest tennis tournament, what about the french and with the way they operate their grand-slam?

That's right. On two separate occasions, during the first week of this years french open, the french organising committee took it upon themselves to have the 8 time Roland Garros champion play on their second show court, the Suzanne Lenglen court. This is basically the equivalent to court 1 at Wimbledon, for those that didn't know. (Obviously you do, but just incase)

My point being this. Doesn't it beg the equal question? Are the french not therefore also stiff upper lipped and elitist? Come on. They're basically saying; 'Nadal, your brand of tennis isn't good enough to grace our philippe chatrier court, please head over to suzanne lenglen' ... because that's exactly what they essentially said to the bloke? Right? 'We french want grace and variety!'

I mean let's call a spade a spade. If we are elitist for the way we run Wimbledon, what does that make the french for the way they run Roland Garros? Down-to-earth? Wa? Ahahahaa, don't be shitting me now, cmon? What is this double standard nonsense here?

So. Are the French Tennis Elitist for switching Nadal's matches to Court Suzanne Lenglen?
Pathetically paranoid thinking here. Didn't any other top players get put on the S L court? Just because Rafa won it 8 times, which is a truly great achievement, does not give him the right to be constantly on Centre Court. That should apply to any great champion, like Federer at Wimbledon. Besides, scheduling players onto certain courts, has nothing to do with the antiquated Wimbledon dress code.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pathetically paranoid thinking here. Didn't any other top players get put on the S L court? Just because Rafa won it 8 times, which is a truly great achievement, does not give him the right to be constantly on Centre Court. That should apply to any great champion, like Federer at Wimbledon. Besides, scheduling players onto certain courts, has nothing to do with the antiquated Wimbledon dress code.
Ofcourse it gives him that divine fucking right. Every single grandslam tournament has the same respect for the defending champion. Especially a defending champion ranked at that moment, 1 in the world. I detest the bloke's game, but the fact the french did this and no one is calling them out for their quite apparent elitist move, truly shows just how fucking much people allow stupid myths about old-school stereotypes effect their pattern of thinking.

Everything about switching Nadal to their second show-court excudes elitism. Answer me this question, if I'm being paranoid, answer me this. Do you think the french would ever contemplate saying / doing that to Federer? No, because he doesn't play with 5 meters worth of dull, badminton-net-clerance each time he strikes his forehand. Infact, when was the last actual time Federer played on a court outside Philip Chat? He has won the tournament one time and hasn't been world number 1 for a few years now. Howcomes he's never on their second show court? (Rhetorical question)

Are the french elitist now though? No, because there is no stereotype to link to there.

As for the dress-code, many people are talking without being fully informed. First of all, look at this. Female players in previous years wearing striking coloured underwear that is on constant firm exposure whenever they explode through their service-motion. Does that look all white and give you a feeling that this is Wimbledon?

Where do you draw the line? When does 'under-clothing' (Or underwear) become too bright to be worn? Who makes that decision? We gonna have a colour code adjudicator marching around the changing rooms? Get the fuck outta here.

·
Registered
982 Posts
They switch the courts because they know there's more chance he would lose the title on SL, simply due to smaller dimensions of the court, what would force Nadal out of his comfort zone. They probably want that to happen because he hampers ticket sales by now :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They switch the courts because they know there's more chance he would lose the title on SL, simply due to smaller dimensions of the court, what would force Nadal out of his comfort zone. They probably want that to happen because he hampers ticket sales by now :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Exactly and why do they want Nadal to lose? They hate his game, it's not aesthetically pleasing enough for them, it doesn't meet their height of expectation for how tennis should be played. He produces quite dull tennis matches (In their opinion)

They've never liked Nadal and it wasn't until Roger finally won RG that he started that they cut him a little bit of slack. Like you say, they also knew how much he loves the big open spaces there is to run into on Philip Chat... so they were like, nah, you aren't having that. lol

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Like any normal person does, they obviously hate Dull for ruining their tournament from year to year with his disgusting cheating and moonballing.

I love this video from tournament's official youtube channel with 5 most emotional RG moments ever. Obviously none of Dull's wins are included :lol: Butthurt Dulltards have given the video over 100 dislikes and are bitterly complaining in the comments of piggy being absent from it. :spit:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like any normal person does, they obviously hate Dull for ruining their tournament from year to year with his disgusting cheating and moonballing.

I love this video from tournament's official youtube channel with 5 most emotional RG moments ever. Obviously none of Dull's wins are included :lol: Butthurt Dulltards have given the video over 100 dislikes and are bitterly complaining in the comments of piggy being absent from it. :spit:

Excellent stuff. :yeah: :haha:

All french players or players with aesthetically pleasing ... 'oh lala magneefeeeeeeeek' games.

They're not elitist though, no ofcourse not. :yeah:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here's Sharapova reacting to being terrorised by the french at Roland Garros. lol Again, her game is quite hard on the eye and not exactly full of grace.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
How many times, how many times?
Repeat after me,

Major stars, Nadal, Federer and Djokovic play all of their matches on PS at Roland Garros except they will all play one and only one match on SL.

Big 3 divas, Federer, Djokovic and Nadal play all of their matches on CC at Wimbledon except they will all play one and only one match on C1.

This will not change as long as they are as big as they are.

Now, dress code, French/Brits being this or that have nothing to do with all of this.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a bad decision, based on giving preference to a French player.
...but would they have done that for Monfils ahead of Federer or Wawrinka? Answer: No. It's down-right elitism from the french tennis federation and yet British tennis always gets accused of this.

If Nadal's game wasn't so unappealing they would take to him and welcome his presence on their main show court. To me that is clear elitism.

·
Registered
198 Posts
...but would they have done that for Monfils ahead of Federer or Wawrinka? Answer: No. It's down-right elitism from the french tennis federation and yet British tennis always gets accused of this.

If Nadal's game wasn't so unappealing they would take to him and welcome his presence on their main show court. To me that is clear elitism.
Nadal has many fans in France. No problem getting the Chatrier full. We, ze French, are very "chauvins" and let's be honest, Monfils is never going to win RG, so it was something like a consolation price for him & the crowds.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
^Dude, lol, I'm just being real.

Why the fuck do we always get called elitist when we ride on pony's and the french ride on these half the time?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^Screenshot.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts