Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we will see the change of guard in full force starting 2020, yes, even in RG I think Nadal won't have it as easy as in previous years.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Haven't we seen it before? ;) No way, they aren't.
Nadal is an eternal favourite at RG and among title contenders at remaining slams (as we saw this year). He'll try his best to equal Fed.
Federer is a big contender at Wimbledon and also has chances at the AO. Make no mistake, he'll aim at #21 next year.

·
Your visions will happen
48,216 Posts
Would be surprised if neither won another

·
Registered
903 Posts
Don't think so. They've had these ups and downs before as well so I think we'll have the same pattern repeating itself just a few more times.

They'll come back to win a few more slams, I'm pretty confident about that.

·
The special one
14,288 Posts
Federer and Nadal have been "done winning slams" since the end of 2014 now. If one thing history should tell us is that we should never underestimate these great champions. I'll only rule them out winning another slam after they hang the racquet up for good.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Maybe, but they will make at least five slam finals more, combined, and their finals W/L ratio for the last three seasons (12 majors) is 5/2 and 3/1 respectively i.e. 8 wins in 11 finals, that is 2/3 of the slams won, with only two slam finals without either Nadal or Federer therein.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
This prediction comes up after every bad loss of either of them. Obviously, at some point they will have won their last slam, and the prediction will come true. I personally don't believe that they will win many more slams (as I have mentioned already in some other threads), but they have surprised us so many times, that we better don't rule them out until they retired for good.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Federer yes. Next year will likely be his last. Nadal no way. He is just warming up. I say at least 3-4 years of slam-winning for the future GOAT

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nadal won 2 slams this year and Federer reached the Wimbledon final, which he should have won. We go thru this EVERY single time one of them loses a match.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Federer will win 23 slams and Nadal 21 slams. Both are eternal favourite at their home slam.
Hmm... I guess this makes sense if Basel has the status of a slam, and Nadal is a citizen of France.;)

But yeah, I'm with you. If they could come back strong after the period 2014-2016 with no wins for ten consecutive slams, then a couple of losses now shouldn't be enough to count them out. (y)

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Possibly, especially now Murray is back.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Every year somewone has a brilhiant idea and post s thread like this. Some use got lucky in 2015 and 2016. But other then that they fail.
Federer still is a contender in Wimby. And Rafa is almost a lock for RG Final. Of course if healthy.
Winning a Slam is something only the big3 know how to do. Murray,Stan, Cilic and Del Potro have done it but its been hard to repeat.
The new guys have the talent and have beaten the big 3 but in a slam is going to be hard. If not in 2020, 2021 will definitly see this shift you are talking about.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts