Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Fedal are retiring this year tbh. They will retire with 17 and 13 slams respectively. They have been on top for too long now. Wimbledon 2012 was Federer's swan song and USO 2013 was Nadal's swan song.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Federer has his only chance on this year's Wimbledon and that's it. Rafa could win 1-2 slams in the future (in best case 3), FO at least once.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I think Fedal are retiring this year tbh. They will retire with 17 and 13 slams respectively. They have been on top for too long now. Wimbledon 2012 was Federer's swan song and USO 2013 was Nadal's swan song.
I know you are trolling but why would you think that when Federer has said multiple times that he plans on playing in Rio 2016?

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's had children for almost 5 years now. I really don't think a new one changes that much. I could understand him maybe changing his mind if he had continued his 2013 results in 2014 but he hasn't.
Well isn't Mirka having twins? That's four children now.:eek:

·
F***ing have it
17,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
He's had children for almost 5 years now. I really don't think a new one changes that much. I could understand him maybe changing his mind if he had continued his 2013 results in 2014 but he hasn't.
Having children is one thing, not too hard when you have tons of people to attend to everyday child care. Having children attending school, i.e. unable to follow him all around the world (and their mother with them) is a completely different matter. I don't see Roger retire because of that though, only t adapt his schedule (I don't expect him to go to Shanghai beyond this year for ex, he may also skip IW/Miami).

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Having children is one thing, not too hard when you have tons of people to attend to everyday child care. Having children attending school, i.e. unable to follow him all around the world (and their mother with them) is a completely different matter. I don't see Roger retire because of that though, only t adapt his schedule (I don't expect him to go to Shanghai beyond this year for ex, he may also skip IW/Miami).
But he has still talked about his plans to play in Rio 2016 when he knew he would have kids in school at that point in time.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Nadal is for sure, roger on the other hand could win possibly another 5 or 6

1 - 20 of 55 Posts