Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marcos didn't drop a set this week, two challengers in a row, three if you count Nottingham :lol:

He seems to be finding some degree of consistency again in challengers these last few months, hopefully he can make the jump back to doing damage at ATP level soon.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I would like to see Baggy doing well on ATP tour level soon too, hopefully he can produce some kind of results on USOpen.

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
I would like to see Baggy doing well on ATP tour level soon too, hopefully he can produce some kind of results on USOpen.
Not likely, Baggy is done as far as the main tour is concerned. Just about vulturing challengers is Baggys level now.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I saw most of the first set and Kuku looked much better. Dunno how baggy managed to win but the crowd was definitely in his favor for some reason...

Good for him to win another challenger, hope he can come back to ATP soon, missed him.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
well better player won i guess

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hooray! I thought Mikhail might be a step too far for Marcos but glad to be proven wrong. Bag is striking the ball well, and although you can't take too much from these Challenger wins I'm hoping he can get a favourable draw at the US Open and make a decent run like he did last year.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hooray! I thought Mikhail might be a step too far for Marcos but glad to be proven wrong. Bag is striking the ball well, and although you can't take too much from these Challenger wins I'm hoping he can get a favourable draw at the US Open and make a decent run like he did last year.
Yeah, that thrashing of Anderson was immense. Shame he ran into a red hot Stan.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Looks like Baghdatis finally got out of this major funk.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Clever decision from Baghdatis to take these two challengers on.

He'd slid down the rankings to the point where it could have been terminal. Getting the confidence levels up should help him to make an impact on the main tour over the end of the year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts