Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nishioka was up 0-2* 0-30 in the second set and cruising, he then lost 9 of the next 10 games. Choke. A few things i learnt from this match.

-Nishioka will never be good enough to compete at atp level with his serve
-height is a huge factor in tennis
-Kyle edmund is only a few months older but alot lore developed then his opponent

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Nishioka was up 0-2* 0-30 in the second set and cruising, he then lost 9 of the next 10 games. Choke. A few things i learnt from this match.

-Nishioka will never be good enough to compete at atp level
We might have suspected that already, based on his recent other results. Hot shots are not everything (see hyped Dimugtrov)

We knew it already, like in case of the other Nishi.

-Kyle edmund is only a few months older but alot lore developed then his opponent
A lot lore? what a Freudian slip :worship:
If you've seen him playing at RG + WB, you also might have known that.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Edmund now leads the h2h 4-0 over Nishioka

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We might have suspected that already, based on his recent other results. Hot shots are not everything (see hyped Dimugtrov)
I thought you were one of the intelligent people here. Seems your just another mindless zombie using childish nicknames like dimugtrov

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
I thought you were one of the intelligent people here. Seems your just another mindless zombie using childish nicknames like dimugtrov
Judging me just on that?
I really don't like hyping him, he's proven nothing so far. Beating 2014ray in Wimby was not a really outstanding feat, but a must for him.
He lacks a lot of things to be successful at the top and he is already 25. He still seems to show some progress, but time is running out.
My suggestion: either stop the hype or just accept what his fate is destined. He has some talent, but nowhere even half of Federer's or Djokovic's.

·
Registered
724 Posts

-Nishioka will never be good enough to compete at atp level with his serve
- Actually Nishioka serve is getting a little bit better every time i see him. You cant expect him to serve like other young guns as he is 1.70
- We all know that
- Maybe. Maybe not. Fact is Edmund is just very hard opponent for Yoshi. At least this time Nishioka won a set and it was 2-0 in the second. Nishioka is getting better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts