Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Serious question or maybe not quite...

As for Muzza, I was thinking abt him and his mom, of course...

Reactions: Sham Kay Adams

·
A happy person
44,904 Posts
Re: Apart from Muzza, did any other male player was ever trained by an woman?

Marach (his wife)

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

Jimmy Connors, in a way, by his mother :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Thought Djokovic's first coach was a woman?

·
Registered
205 Posts

kukushkin currently coached by his wife

Reactions: Sham Kay Adams

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

Oh, and forgot Ignatik, his mother.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Thought Djokovic's first coach was a woman?
yes. Jelena Gencic, a truly amazing woman. She has literally created both Djokovic and Seles. I read so much about her. She simply had that talent to recognize champions. AMAZING woman. She is very old, but she still works with kids. I was so happy when Nole gave her his W trophy. lots of men can learn so much from this lady.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Federer was given tennis tips by Martina Hingis one time...does that count?

·
Registered
132 Posts

Chesnokov was coached right up to the end of his career by a woman.

Chang was baby sat by his mother in his prime. His brother Carl was more a hitting partner.

·
Registered
206 Posts

yes. Jelena Gencic, a truly amazing woman. She has literally created both Djokovic and Seles. I read so much about her. She simply had that talent to recognize champions. AMAZING woman. She is very old, but she still works with kids. I was so happy when Nole gave her his W trophy. lots of men can learn so much from this lady.
Yeah. Apart from Đoković and Seleš, Genčić also discovered Goran Ivanišević. In fact, I've just read an article about her published in one Serbian daily newspaper ('Blic'). In eight-part series, she describes all about Novak's beginnings and tells many anecdotes from his childhood. They were spending much time together, not only in their training sessions. She not only taught him the basics of tennis but also many things about life, as Novak was very curious kid. It was so nice seeing Novak visiting her last year and showing her the Wimby trophy, the trophy they said they were always dreaming about.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

Wow, so many- why so few women coaches then?

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Yeah. Apart from Đoković and Seleš, Genčić also discovered Goran Ivanišević. In fact, I've just read an article about her published in one Serbian daily newspaper ('Blic'). In eight-part series, she describes all about Novak's beginnings and tells many anecdotes from his childhood. They were spending much time together, not only in their training sessions. She not only taught him the basics of tennis but also many things about life, as Novak was very curious kid. It was so nice seeing Novak visiting her last year and showing her the Wimby trophy, the trophy they said they were always dreaming about.
I forgot about Goran who was a great player. one thing that I really love about this lady is when she was training Nole, they used to listen to classical music and she asked him to visualize things... I love classical music. It's too bad that many people simply don't understand it and appreciate it more. I really don't understand how people can listen to all of this pop crap...

·
Registered
206 Posts

I forgot about Goran who was a great player. one thing that I really love about this lady is when she was training Nole, they used to listen to classical music and she asked him to visualize things... I love classical music. It's too bad that many people simply don't understand it and appreciate it more. I really don't understand how people can listen to all of this pop crap...
Agreed. :)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts

It's "trained by a woman" because there is a better pronunciation that way.

Llodra was coached by Mauresmo for his backhand.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts