Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its seems to me low bounce and slower than last year

Which players in the top 10 can make it benefit in their game?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
yeah,low bounce.But speed...RLA looks slow,dk about others

·
Registered
63 Posts
MCA was medium to my eye during both the day and night sessions, regardless of the roof being open or closed...flat, aggressive groundstrokes were rewarded, but could be countered by elite defense. Bounce is also low; the conditions would seem to favor Djokovic and Tsitsipas. Aren't they using a new tournament ball this year? I don't know how significant a factor that may also be in conditions, but we hear the players gripe about Wilson v. Penn for the Canada/US hardcourt summer and USO.

·
Premium Member
8,528 Posts
Looks medium with low bounce to me. Perfect conditions for old Federer, whose declining reflexes can’t handle fast paced courts anymore.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Nadal is playing tonight, we are yet to see how the court reacts to high RPM balls, will it dampen the action on the ball.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
so courts similar to ATP cup seems

·
Banned
3,256 Posts
so courts similar to ATP cup seems
nah, ATP cup court in brisbane was quite fast with low bounce as always from what i remember.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
given how cool the the temp is and given it was day 1 I think it plays right now Medium-slow. With 7-10 days of play combined with the temp going up about 10-15 degrees fahrenheit it will be at a solid medium in week 2. The bounce is somewhat lower but that could be due to the lower temp.

·
|
15,485 Posts
Low bounce is very bad news for dull. He should consider withdrawal and skipping it till Mickey Carlo. But he's delusional so he'll keep playing and get roasted sooner or later.
London is low bounce, and Rafa was the only player to beat Tsitsipas at London.
Let's face it, Rafa is the best all-surface player in the world.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Still didn’t qualify for semis lol. And not even making the quarters of wimby for 6 straight years doesn’t speak best all surface player to me.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Low bounce is good cause it helps Federer and lessens the effect of moonballer. Slow speed isn’t good but hopefully it quickens up as the tournament progresses.

·
justice for all
16,779 Posts
? "the best all-surface player in the world" - you made my day, mate. ?
You mean the same London where he got destroyed by Double-Faultrev, was trailing down 1-5 in the decider vs a gassed Medvedev and barely got through a tanking Stefanos?
You mean the same London he has never managed to win even once in his entire career?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
nah, ATP cup court in brisbane was quite fast with low bounce as always from what i remember.
Nope.Nole said low bounce and slow
Low bounce may be deceiving in terms of speed detection

1 - 20 of 27 Posts