Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiem overcomes a poor first set start and Zverev's continuous 80+% botting by exploiting his moments of mental muggery early in sets 2 & 3 to gain a comforting break lead, then going big under pressure of Saschko's pushy onslaught as well as his own nervy misses. Supreme clutch play at the crucial juncture, saving two SPs in the third set with ballsy winners, followed by a perfectly executed tiebreak that featured big serving, a sweet half-volley and crisp groundstroke winners. The second tiebreak was a more nervous affair but Thiem prevails - nice of him to win 5 TBs in two late-round Slam matches. Should be a respectable final if he can maintain this mental level.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Big Patea's trophy husband literally hitting the worst up the middle forehands imaginable waiting for Thiem to put him away on match point.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Alexander Zverev is something special.

6'6'', hitting an expectedly big serve. Otherwise, 90% of the time just pushing from the back of the court. It's remarkable.

I'm glad that Dominic Thiem won that. Fortune favours the brave.

·
justice for all
15,099 Posts
It's happening!!!! :love:
Dominic into his first HC slam final!!!! You fucking tiebreak beast! You got it!
What a time to be alive for me as a fan!
6 down only 1 to go!!!!!
Now go and take the title champ!!!
Respect and well done to Sascha for the great fight as well. You sticked in it till the end but Dominic was just a bit better player today.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Pretty bad match but i am glad Thiem won in the end as Zverev is a mug of epic proportions. Tactic wise i dont know what on earth could mr Zverev senior had told him prior the match.
If his advice was to hit middle court loopy powderpuff forehands, they might aswell both suck it up.
I hope Dominator has enough stamina for a potential war on Sunday. Also he should lower his ue ratio, otherwise it will be a slaughter on Sunday. Serve pretty much sucked too, compared to Nadal's match who is even a better returner than the big Z.
Go sleep, rest, eat and pray the Serbian Monster has an off day.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Thiem with 77% points won on 1st serve compared to Zverev's 68%. But Zverev wins 50% on 2nd and Thiem only 40%.

Waaaaaat?

Also we need a gif of that missed smash at 3:2 in 4th set TB obviously.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts