Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AO - Serbia has 3 finalists: Djokovic, Ivanovic and Zimonjic.
What do you think about this?

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Nothing special. Serbia is pretty young on tennis terms, the oldest being USA and Australia.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
first of all, i think the timing is pure conincidence. but on the other hand, serbian tennis players have something many others don't have, and that is guts, big time. they don't give an eff about who they're up against, what the score is or what's at stake. they go on court and take it to their opponent every single damn time, they don't take no s*** from nobody, to make it bluntly. someone on mtf already said that yesterdas and he was absolutely right about it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, Serbia is young in tennis, that's why this is strange, don't you think so?
Tal256 says
So does Israel : Shahar Peer , Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram .
It's not the same. We have 2 single finalists.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
My cousin plays tennis in Paris, you have much, much better conditions then we have. We can't even pay lessons to our children.
I hope he will reach a GS final soon.

PS : I must say it's a great performance for Serbia though ... few years ago they had absolutly no players on top and now they are doing great things....

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
They need to win these ones, all of them. It would be such a relief for Serbia I suppose

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Most of the Serbian tennis players were growing up in a very bad time for their country. No one who has not lived through it, can appreciate the fear of living through a war first hand. No doubt that has given them a courage and fighting spirit that people from "softer" environments just cannot hope to emulate. I guess when you know walking outside your front door to go to school may be the last time you walk anywhere, facing any opponent across a net in a tennis match isn't going to scare you. Good luck to them.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
1 - 20 of 114 Posts