·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
nice play for istomin

Hewitt has 0 chance of making the quarters with this game

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Istomin went for broke on almost every shot after going down 5-3* in the third set and made it. He took Hewitt by surprise really. Also, his slice to Hewitt's forehand was very effective throughout the match, but in the fourth set Hewitt found his forehand down the line, the shot that won him the match IMO. Overall a good match, better than expected, Istomin should be happy about his performance, he did a great job. Hewitt should throw this one behind his back and prepare himself physically and mentally for the next round (Baghs/Safin). It's not going to be easy that's for sure.

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
No opinion because I didn't watch the match :shrug:

But I'm glad Lleyton won the match.

Reading the comments ... well, I just hope he can play better in the next round.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
C'Mon! Llegs! :banana:

G

·
Average performance from Hewitt but credit to Istomin. He went for broke when Hewitt was serving for the match at *5-4 in the 3rd and reeled off the next 3 games.

·
Registered
335 Posts
not to bad but he needs to concentrate better from now on. I think he will lose next round though but i hope he can win it though and get to semis so i can see him play live

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Good fight Istomin :yeah: pity you didn't take the guy out :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I am afraid that is all we will get from Lleyton. He played his game like always these days and obviously that is not enough anymore for anyone who will be brave to go for his shots. Llegs speed is not what is used to be and on that really relies his game. All credits to Istomin , he surprised me greatly for a 216 ranked player.:woohoo:

If the 3rd round is against Baggy it will be end of the road for Hewitt :drive:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hmmm, well a win's a win. 6-1 in the fourth seems like a good sign. Looking forward to the match vs Marcos or Marat... I'm hoping for Marcos (because I prefer him), but for Lleyton maybe Marat would be better (assuming he's not on fire).

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Saw the tiebreaker on the big screen while walking to vodafone and lleyton looked quite poor out there, hope he can step it up on saturday.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Wow quite harsh on Hewitt!

Let's remember he did win the match. Hewitt has been trying to be more aggressive on court, I like the play. He'll have to pick it up but, I think he beats a tired Baggy.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Istomin !!!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Lleyton looks pretty low on match confidence, but I suppose a win (and taking a tie-break :yippee:) can only help:D

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
I had never seen Istomin play before. From what I saw today I was impressed - thought he did amazingly well - kudos to him :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts