Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No thread yet?

I saw only the last few points of the match. Was Baggy playing well or was it a low quality match??

Great to see Baggy get a win.

·
F***ing have it
17,678 Posts
Tojo :hug: His groundies are so clean, like Lindsay's :eek: :yeah:

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
Marcos! :dance:

I thought the match was very entertaining with nice rallies and winners (50 for Baghdatis, 15 aces), although in the first set Marcos squandered a lot of opportunites (1/9 bps converted) and made his life unnecessarily difficult.

He also started having some problem (cramping?) with his left leg in the 3rd set and had to call the trainer a couple of times.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
No thread yet?
Had the same experience with Youzhny winning his match last night, don't ye worry :hug:

Great to see Baggy get a win.
Didn't see the match either, but every BAGGY WIN = A GOOD ONE!!! :worship: :hearts:

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Cahill was saying that he could have the toughest draw that anyone has had in years or something to that effect.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We're seeing plenty good tennis this year in the first round.

Shame one of them had to bow out at this stage, but a well deserved victory for Marcos. With his early results, he seems poised to go deep here (haven't looked at his draw beyond this point, though).

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts
Sad for Thomas :sad:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Interesting match, but Thomas lost playing well:sad:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Congrats Marcos :bigclap:

ToJo :hug: :sad:

·
Registered
477 Posts
He was fighting cramps, had a phisioterapist on court and I red he has a hamstring problems :eek:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Does anyone know which game of the 4th set Marcos broke?

I was watching but it was getting late and now I can't remember.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Good win, apart from that loss of concentration in the 3rd set.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Disappointing effort from Thomas. He seemed to be extremely negative the entire match even after winning the third. I feel that he lost the match when he lost the tiebreak. Anyway, Baghfatass was playing pretty well although he seems to have a foot issue. I think Safin's going to beat him.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Losing a set to the biggest one slam wonder in history is not a good sign for Marcos, Johan is awful. I hope Marcos picks it up against Safin, otherwise he will get blitzed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts