7,894 Posts
AO R3: Paul-Henri Mathieu (23) d. Stefan Koubek 4-6 7-6 2-6 7-5 8-6

:worship:

·
Premium Member
12,555 Posts
Mathieu def. Koubek 4-6 7-6(4) 2-6 7-5 8-6

:sad:

Koubek was 3-0 up in 4th set but blew it away after getting broken at *5-6 after amazing game with 7 deuces and spectacular rally at last SP.
Stefan could regroup in final set, took early break here and was 3-0 up as well but PHM rebroke him quite immediately at 3-1. Koubek served 3 aces at *4-4 in final set :eek:. Koubek got broken to love at *6-6 and Mathieu was serving for the match. PHM served it out after saving 1bp and closed match with 2nd mp.
It was very nice match to watch with many up's&down's and with many interesting rallies. Personally I enjoy almost all Koubek's matches. Shame that Austrian lost it :(

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
:woohoo: Paulo didn't choke away the last game!

Koubek is really tough when he's on, as he was this week. It seem as though Paulo might have overcome his mental barrier. He'll be really tired for his match against Nadal, but at least I'll be able to see it ;)

15,883 Posts
Re: AO R3: Paul-Henri Mathieu (23) d. Stefan Koubek 4-6 7-6 2-6 7-5 8-6

:woohoo: didnt choke :D

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Re: Mathieu def. Koubek 4-6 7-6(4) 2-6 7-5 8-6

Mathieu finally won an amazing match :yeah: Comeback from 0:3 down in 4th & 5th set is very special. BTW, I didn't know that Wilander is a new coach of Mathieu :D

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Dont get to excited PHM fans,he will be out next round, he will still be tired from todays match

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
This time he refused to choke
Only some UE from Koubek stopped it, 7/6 he had a bp and a terrible error prevented it

Also you dont choose to choke it just happens

·
Registered
564 Posts
Brilliant match, very high quality throughout.

·
Registered
18,903 Posts
Phewwww :eek:

Congrats Paulo and Mats :lol:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Dont get to excited PHM fans,he will be out next round, he will still be tired from todays match
That's not the point. I think we all expect that, but he fought so hard today for the win and 4th round points.

·
Registered
18,903 Posts
That's not the point. I think we all expect that, but he fought so hard today for the win and 4th round points.
Agreed.
I want no bagel. That's all :lol:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts