Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on this match? Definitely one of the best looking 3rd round matches if both players bring their A game. Obviously Nalbandian has caught fire, but JCF seems to have rediscovered his form (maybe the haircut and return to Prince has something to do with it). He's really controlling the point with the forehand and not allowing his opponent to dictate. Regardless of the winner I think we're going to see some amazing points in this one. It goes five sets.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I agree with you, it's gonna be a great match for sure.
But, Nalby is going to win !!!

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Nalbandian in 4, just because he's got that habit of making things difficult.

Regarding Ferrero's 'A' game: talking about JCF of 2004 onwards in the context of 2000-2003 Ferrero reminds me of the Korean Fender Stratocaster vs. the American one - they share the same name - and nothing else.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Nalbandian and Ferrero are two of my favourite tennis players of all time, and I really can't wait for this match. This is the first time that I won't be rooting for Ferrero to win, since his Vienna QF in 2005 against David.
My prediction is David to win in 4 tough sets, and hopefully this contest will be an absorbing one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rogiman, did you see his last two matches? Now I was probably one of the most critical of JCF's game the past few years (I even said his run to the Cincy final was pathetic), but he looked VERY similar to the guy from 2001-2003 in his last two matches. That's the first time I have seen him play like that in years, literally.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Rogiman, did you see his last two matches? Now I was probably one of the most critical of JCF's game the past few years (I even said his run to the Cincy final was pathetic), but he looked VERY similar to the guy from 2001-2003 in his last two matches. That's the first time I have seen him play like that in years, literally.
I would be rather happy to watch JCF playing well again, actually. Pity I couldn't watch his last 2 matches. I do think, however, that Nalbandian is a bad match-up for him anyway, even if Ferrero won the last 2 encounters.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Nalbandian should win this, the R16 match aganst Ferrer will be a different matter.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think Ferrero has a good chance to take it here. I'm not saying he will though, but Nalbandian hasn't impressed me yet (which probably has something to do with his back problems).

Hmm, Ferrero in 4?

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
I hope Mosquito, but Nalbi clinch this in 4

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Nalbandian in four I think. I hope I get to see this one.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Nalby takes this one comfortably (as in 4 sets). Nalby v/s Ferrer will be more interesting.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Nalby in 3. JCF just doesn't care one way or another these days. He has no FIRE in the belly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My two favorites. Very tough to call. JCF is "in form" and looking sharp with his new racquet and old forehand. Nalby struggled a bit with his timing against Luczak, but was masterful with his serve - 19 aces (!). It may come down to who's got the most self-belief.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
wont be easy for Nalbandian

JCF has stopped being a mug for a while and is playing tennis again

1 - 20 of 94 Posts