Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Krajinovic has the name of a guy who makes a slam final out of nowhere and goes back to doing basically nothing, was worried this might the slam after that first set haha but Coric got on track.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Losing this one would have been disappointing, Corics draw is really nice.

·
Registered
445 Posts
he is doing quite well here, think he has a great chance to get a QF and reach the top 10 soon

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Krajinovic has the name of a guy who makes a slam final out of nowhere and goes back to doing basically nothing, was worried this might the slam after that first set haha but Coric got on track.
Except that in fact it was a Master final in late 2017...

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Krajinovic has the name of a guy who makes a slam final out of nowhere and goes back to doing basically nothing
In best of 5 no chance, Paris final two seasons ago when most of the top players were gassed is and will be the highlight of his career when all is said and done.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
This match showed the worst of Coric in terms of quality but the best when it comes to fighting ability :boxing:

He was sooo terrible in the first set I started having flashbacks to that awful Wimby loss last year. Difference is that time Coric got much worse as the match progressed while this time he slowly improved, even if he never quite reached a consistent or high level of play.

The ground game was subpar at best with the FH being the usual culprit, though his BH also had shaky moments. Luckily the serve didn't desert Coric completely (although he made some untimely DFs) or he'd have been in even worse trouble.

Didn't have time to check the stats at the end of the match but the UE count is certainly astronomical by Coric's usual standards. He was obviously frustrated by the situation but somehow struggled through it and ultimately prevailed.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
It was the only match I watched today and oh my God it was awful.

Coric had astronomical number of UEs, I don't know how he won.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts