Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better tennis player won.

Wish PCB would not go for harder serves on big points. It pays off sometimes, but don't think it's worth the tradeoff of having to hit his first second serve in 3 games on BP.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,613 Posts
Fognini had a nice resurgence in the 3rd and start of 4th but short lived. Otherwise he was just all over the place. PCB really is his kryptonite matchup.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Nice trolling from Fabio, looking disinterested until 0-2 sets and break down and then winning 8 of the next 9 games only to lose set 4 from 3-1 40-15 up.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
That was a massive brainfart by PCB in the third set, everything went to the middle of the court and didn't build any of the points. Credit to Fabio for picking it up but once PCB started working more angles, the UEs started flying. If he wants to have any chance against Nishikori, that lull he's been experiencing in matches needs to go away.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Typical Fog match really despite the matchup issues. Has all the momentum in the 4th up 3-0 then only wins more game in the match. PCB is a less explosive matchup for Kei but hope he doesn't annoy him. Kei will need all the energy he canb to get past Novak/Daniil.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
PCB is one of those guys I am sympathetic towards, when he got to the top 10, people started hating him because of the draws which he had no control over. I mean , I venture that many players outside the big 4 that get to the top 10, do so partly by favorable draws.

Fabio has been his only test so far, but the draw gets steeper now.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
These matchups play out so weird at times. I think PCB is a good player but there is no clear advantage he has over Fognini. Have to watch one of their matches.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
PCB does everything better and is mentally tougher. The worst outfitted player lost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts