Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pojd Tomas! He was playing well today! Pretty much faced a lesser version of himself :p.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Yes Berdych did play pretty well, however, Anderson went tactically off when he had his chances. Just doesn't have the consistent mental experience at this stage against the best players at a slam yet.

Should be a good one most likely against Almagro. Then it should be a QF with Nadal, and I'm liking his chances to break his losing streak against Rafael.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Berdy very steely that match. From the second set tiebreak on he was pretty much untouchable for Anderson.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Only real flaw in Berdych's game was his tendency to tighten up on the big points and blow BP's. He looked very solid otherwise, and seems to be a major threat. Good to see.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
And the second serve, and the defense on the backhand side etc...

Tough to be a Top4 player in this generation.

Anyway, good match...
Problem is mental more than anything else, he can beat all these guy above him, look what Soderling did with better mental fortitude.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
it looks like a t-berd / nadal qf :cool:

on a side note, when i was in cincy this summer i saw t-berd at a grocery store and i told him i enjoyed watching him kick federer's ass. he laughed.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it looks like a t-berd / nadal qf :cool:

on a side note, when i was in cincy this summer i saw t-berd at a grocery store and i told him i enjoyed watching him kick federer's ass. he laughed.
Aw that's awesome I'm jealous!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Did better than last year. All I can ask for really. Next objective is to beat a seed, or someone who beat a seed, and reach a 4th round!

·
Banned
75 Posts
Anderson is so fucking boring. No charisma. Weak sponsors. Where is your emotion mate? pull your head in. His game is nothing special either. Just a big server. Really ugly guy as well. Berdych aint much better. This was a chore to sit through

1 - 14 of 14 Posts