Mens Tennis Forums banner

AO R3: [24] RBA def. Murray 6-1 6-7 6-3 6-4

Result 
9K views 151 replies 89 participants last post by  Yellowfuzz 
#1 ·
RBA gets it done, stays consistent despite Murray's ugly possum tactics. Murray's salty handshake at the end was hilarious.

I guess the worse forehand somehow snuck through

See less See more
#37 ·
After his heroics in the first 2 rounds and Murray not being the same player he was before the hip injury it was expected. Andy should be proud of his tournament, he was the story of the first week. He provided some entertaining tennis and showcased his amazing fighting spirit. I think RBA will reach the SFs with this draw.

#40 ·
I got the impression that every time RBA wins a big match like this, he gets comments mocking or making fun of him rather than comlimenting him. Wonder why...

#43 ·
What was with all the hype surrounding the Scotsman?

He almost botched a 2-0 lead against a player with arguably the worst backhand in tennis history and had to make a comeback from 0-2 down against a player ranked 159 in singles (a good player in doubles though).

His on-court demeanor in all three matches (just like his entire career to be fair) was filled with whining towards his box and self-criticism every time a point doesn’t go his way and the occasional forced celebration when things do go his way.

#44 ·
As much as you can find RBA's celebration at the end dislikable...isn't Murray the one that does the one that constantly rallies the crowd (and the constant fist pumps, which I did say seem to be helping him to be mentally sharp) and frankly has the constant look like he wants to go in a brawl? :rolls:

#50 ·
The British man lost.

#58 ·
If I play against someone who my crowd was all rooting for, and I have to fight not only him but the whole crowd, and finally win in the end after a long match, I would probably celebrate just like RBA. There’s nothing wrong with his celebration, just say y’all don’t like him. And lol at that salty handshake from Mugray. Did he seriously not accept and allow his opponents to celebrate just because they just beat someone with a mental hip? What a sore loser.

#64 ·
Big shout out to the crowd by the way. AO is still my least favourite slam because of the time zone but they might have the best crowds.

Murray was so tired from the start today but I think the crowd definitely lifted him. Gave him half a chance of doing the unthinkable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.