Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Epic performance from the Aussie WC. He was hitting the slots in the 4th and 5th in particular, the looping FH having amazing force and line finding power at times. Bolt has only been in a handful of GS MDs and this will certainly be a highlight for him.

Very fun match to watch, Bolt upped intensity when he needed to, and trusted in his shots but also played safe when it was required. He seemed to find the court so big which is no easy task against a guy like Simon. Simon didn't do too much wrong, Bolt just found the answers when asked of him.

·
52,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After looking like he spent his off season at Hungry Jacks every day at the AO play off and Brisbane wtf just happened :haha:
yeah after the Thompson loss I was like this guy is a walking bye. When did he play good and LOOK good doing it? :rolls:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Go to the gunshop, buy yourself a gun and rob a bank, because you won't get the free money from betting on Simon vs. Zverev anymore.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Sorry Simon fans blame this on me, Gilles was the final leg of my accumulator :lol: :no:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Was it worse than the typical Fedtard crowd?
Still looked quite fair to me. Only watched the end of the forth, where Bolt was GOATing and they were celebrating his winners. Haven't been that concentrated during watching though, so I may have missed them cheering for DFs and booing Simons winners.

·
52,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well there were a group of Aussies in their gear banging around the rails but that's pretty expected. I don't think they were that bad (well I only watched end of 4th + entire 5th). Mainly cheering on good play from Bolt imo. They are around for Millman etc. You just shouldn't let them get into your head. They weren't hissing or jeering as far as I could tell, just pumping up. Fedtard crowd is like EVERYBODY so it's not the same.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Sorry to say this again but I fucking hate a crowd like this. Simon should have closed it out in the 4th set.
Not everyone can be as proper as Kanderson tards.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Sorry to say this again but I fucking hate a crowd like this. Simon should have closed it out in the 4th set.
Me too but thats to be expected when you are facing a local.

·
52,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Highlights below:

kySvH41AluU

Some insane Nadal like shots from Bolt! @Budadiii and @Andrej might like these FHs

See 4:18 for a defensive running pass smack on the line and some sweet IOFHs at 6:00. Really teed the FH well tonight especially last two sets Good variety too with some approach volleys.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The Hewitt influence strikes again. It's really quite simple, get in line and listen to the instruction, guidance, counsel and wisdom of one of the greatest competitors in tennis history. Lleyton Hewitt.

Well done by Bolt, deMinaur and Popyrin.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
The Aussie WCs have been having quite the Aussie summer. Birrell is into the third round on the women's side as well. Always good to see WCs doing well and justifying their presence in the draw.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Before this week, Bolt's career W/L

- ATP Tour: 1-8 - only win was against #88 Vasek Pospisil
- Grand Slams: 0-3

Highest ranked player, he ever beat: #74 Jaume Munar Sydney 2019 Q1

Congrats! :yeah:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts