Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 43 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John my man! Ever since I ve interviewed him in 2015, his career peaked, he was there out of top 100, now constantly is a threat at Slams. What a guy, no mercy today. Vamos.

·
Registered
17,783 Posts
What a major disappointment Hubert Hurkacz has proven to be today.

Straight-setted by John Millman at the start of his prime.

Up a break twice in the first two sets each and lost them before the tiebreak. Never even gave himself the privilege of serving first in a set. Failed GP to make the 2S TB.

After failing a BP game to open the 3rd set, he went down a double break 0-4, recovered one, and then failed 2 BP's to recover the 2nd also.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Another seed bites it. Highest seed left in Fed's Quarter is Fognini (12), and Pella. Fognini's going to be pretty tired, so it's quite possible that only Pella will be left in Fed's quarter, meaning that his first seeded opponent would come in the semifinals. :D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Another seed bites it. Highest seed left in Fed's Quarter is Fognini (12), and Pella. Fognini's going to be pretty tired, so it's quite possible that only Pella will be left in Fed's quarter, meaning that his first seeded opponent would come in the semifinals. :D
Pella won't get that far.

·
MONSOON season.
82,209 Posts
John my man! Ever since I ve interviewed him in 2015, his career peaked, he was there out of top 100, now constantly is a threat at Slams. What a guy, no mercy today. Vamos.
Lol.

Disastrous match. Hurkacz spraying UEs left and right, that'll never get you the win against Millman.

Reactions: Budadiii

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Pella won't get that far.
Well draw has certainly opened up for Fed. :D

Reactions: RoigerFederah

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,322 Posts
Didn't expect a rout. Straight sets win is big for Millman.

Federer look out!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Federer's draw looks good atm, but Millman may be tricky, as he may drain his energy like a vampire especially on these slow af courts.
Also, Fucsovic in 4th rd isn;t a slouch either. I've seen both of him matches and he plays some good tennis. Solid serve and steady groundgame so far.
If Federer has any chance of winning this and writing history again, is a must that he doesn't use much energy until the most likely clash with Djoker. Even if he gets there with straight sets wins, his chances are slim.

·
MONSOON season.
82,209 Posts
like, didn't he beat Fed and some other good players, my memory may fail me.
But I remember you don't like him, when I created the interview thread back in 2015, you stated he is not your type of player. So all good.
I don't enjoy watching Millman play, but I have tremendous respect for him. I am glad he won here.

But to call him a threat at Slams is just taking the piss. And you know it.

·
Registered
17,783 Posts
like, didn't he beat Fed and some other good players, my memory may fail me.
But I remember you don't like him, when I created the interview thread back in 2015, you stated he is not your type of player. So all good.
Millman has never been and never will be a threat at slams. Lol.

He's probably a nice bloke, don't let your personal emotions for him affect your opinion of his game's strength.

Reactions: Servebots=GOAT

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Awful behaviour from Hurkacz, whining after every second point. Started first two sets well, but just UEd himself out of the contention.

If somebody takes out Fred, Djokovic should get W/O in the SF in order to preserve dignity of this beautiful sport.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Johnny Milman's tennis can push you to a place near the limit, and whether you can overcome his kind of a challenge sort of determines whether you can break through to the next level or not. Seems like Hurkacz failed the test big time this time around. Didn't see the match, but you certainly can't afford to be trigger shy against Millman. He's the last kind of a tennis player to do anything for you; You must beat him on your own initiative, and I suspect Hurkacz utterly failed at that.

I'm happy for Johnny, though. As mentioned already, one of the nicest guys on tour.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't enjoy watching Millman play, but I have tremendous respect for him. I am glad he won here.

But to call him a threat at Slams is just taking the piss. And you know it.
actually i wasn't, threat was referred to earlier rounds obv, where he will create problems for players who are supposed to beat him. Ofc otherwise, his peak can not even be considered a threat in general terms.

1 - 21 of 43 Posts