Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quite expected win for Koubek !
I'm waiting for the PMK is innocent report, but i'm sure Gordo's brain had a big role in the result. :p

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Re: AO Round 2 Koubek def Calleri 6/3 7/6 (6) 7/6 (5)

Calleri is a mug! No two ways about it. He had set points in the second set tiebreak. One on his serve at 6-5 could've evened the scoreline. He did hang in the third but Koubek toughed it out as expected. Stefan should be able to beat PHM and get into the 16's.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

Calleri is a mug! No two ways about it. He had set points in the second set tiebreak. One on his serve at 6-5 could've evened the scoreline.
Calleri is a famous setpoint's waster. In their previous match (Sopot) Calleri wasted match points in both losing sets...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

Calleri is a famous setpoint's waster. In their previous match (Sopot) Calleri wasted match points in both losing sets...
Thats right! I totally forgot about that match! One of the most classic chokes of all time.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

last time Calleri break the 2nd round in a GS? plis Voo de Mar? :confused:

Koubek :rocker2: always supporting the lefties :D

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

last time Calleri break the 2nd round in a GS? plis Voo de Mar? :confused:
Last year at US Open. In Melbourne he has never passed 2nd round. El Gordo is a pathetic Grandslamer - only three times has reached third round in 27 attempts.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

Last year at US Open. In Melbourne he has never passed 2nd round. El Gordo is a pathetic Grandslamer - only three times has reached third round in 27 attempts.
:worship::worship:

yeah, i remember now he took out Hewitt :eek: but got injuried and he lost to Monaco in 3 easy sets... but taking out that result he never passed the 3rd round in a GS... Im right? :eek:

i remember him playing Sampras in USO 00 R3, was a great match, very tight

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

but taking out that result he never passed the 3rd round in a GS... Im right? :eek:
Yes, it's strange in view of his tennis skills. Probably one of the best players who has never did it.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

Yes, it's strange in view of his tennis skills. Probably one of the best players who has never did it.
yes, same for Massu only one R16 show (USO 05, by winning one match by W.O.) in 4969349329923 GS apparences :eek:

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Gordo :smash:
This AO sure isn't going my way. Almost all my fav players out already :(

But congrats again to fighter Koubek! :yeah:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed that Gordo wasn't able to take his chances, but Koubek is capable of upsetting anyone on any given day, so it's hardly surprising.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Thanks for the vCash! :worship:

I can't believe they had Calleri as the favorite here...

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Calleri started very poorly and was pissed off with the line calls, but got it together towards the end of the 1st set.

It was quite a good match. Koubek was nailing Calleri with the swinging serve to the backhand all match, the 2nd set tiebreaker had so many letcords from both.

Koubek was defending very well and Calleri played the big points poorly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts