Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Oh YEAAAH! He did it! For the first time ever, a portuguese male player it's in a 3rd round of a GS!

When his form was sucking badly he pull out this amazing run!!! I'm so fucking happy!!!

Now, of course his run will end (Tsonga in 3rd round), but at least he will have a televised court. Also he's in the 32 best players of the tournament!

OBRIGADO FRED! ESTAMOS CONTIGO! PARABÉNS!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Gil proved worthy against Granollers 6-3 4-6 6-4 6-3

First time portuguese man in GS Round 3. Took advantage of decent draw. Back in Top-100 and a boost of confidence. Go Gil!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Re: Gil proved worthy against Granollers 6-3 4-6 6-4 6-3

Marcel :hug:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Festa Caralho! és Enorme Fred!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Di :hug: I know how much you love Marcel, but I'm really happy right now!

·
Registered
296 Posts

This is trully great! Another boost for portuguese tennis. Another page on history :)

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This is trully great! Another boost for portuguese tennis. Another page on history :)
I think the fact he came back to top 100 it's secondary. He is in the last 32. And this run came out of no where. He is playing pretty badly since his awesome QF in Monte Carlos last yeat. But this will definetely be a boos to his confidence, and a great achievement to the tennis of our country.

Of course he took advantage of the draw, but he still beat a top 40 and a top 30 to get there.

·
Registered
296 Posts

I think the fact he came back to top 100 it's secondary. He is in the last 32. And this run came out of no where. He is playing pretty badly since his awesome QF in Monte Carlos last yeat. But this will definetely be a boos to his confidence, and a great achievement to the tennis of our country.

Of course he took advantage of the draw, but he still beat a top 40 and a top 30 to get there.
In my opinion, these so decent Wins at a GS and being back at Top-100 at the same time, are really important to set his mind that he is definitively a Top-100 player. He was on the line, new foreign coach, new racket, changing so much his game, as I saw in Chennai... It could be a decisive tourn-around for the worse, if nothing important happened until the end of February. But now, all new and fresh perspective. Go Gil, best portuguese player ever!

·
Registered
8,565 Posts

Always good to see granollers losing

Reactions: wildemu

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

In my opinion, these so decent Wins at a GS and being back at Top-100 at the same time, are really important to set his mind that he is definitively a Top-100 player. He was on the line, new foreign coach, new racket, changing so much his game, as I saw in Chennai... It could be a decisive tourn-around for the worse, if nothing important happened until the end of February. But now, all new and fresh perspective. Go Gil, best portuguese player ever!
Machado double account that also worships GIl???

but awesome achievement no doubt

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Great result for Frederico and Portuguese tennis.

Was anyone at the match? Marcel seemed to be pretty sick earlier this week apparently, I wonder if that contributed at all today.

·
Banned
912 Posts
who cares about the result? :shrug:

all that matters is it was a great job by Kader Nouni in the chair :hatoff: great bounce back performance by him :worship:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Congratulations to Portuguese tennis fans!

Diana :hug: :hug:, so sorry about this....I wanted Marcel to win as well :sad:.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Marcel and Diana :bigcry::hug:

Machado & Gil (the poster, not the players) :hug:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Marcel and Diana :bigcry::hug:

Machado & Gil (the poster, not the players) :hug:

:bigclap: :hug:

Thanks a lot, Pirata! I also feel for Di, but Marcel will have more and better chances of going far in Slams and Gil won't, so this match was more important to him.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts

^
That photo was shocking. Running on it must have been excruciating.

Marcel :hug:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts