83,400 Posts
AO R2: Gasquet def Lopez 6-2 6-1 6-3

damn, looked so easy
much more than expected

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Re: AO R2: Gasquet def Lopez 6-2 6-1 6-3

Unbelievably bad from Lopez, body language was awful. Today Lopez 3 aces, on Monday he had 28! Maybe this court was slower.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Saw the last four/five games and some nice shotmaking from Gasquet. Nice winner at mp too. :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Like I said, his return game today was the best I have seen him play. Reminded me of the match he played against Mahut in Wimbledon in the 2nd round.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Richie :bounce:

Let's see if he can't silence a few critics over the next week and a half.

Poor slut Feli. :hug:

·
Registered
772 Posts

Unbelievably bad from Lopez, body language was awful. Today Lopez 3 aces, on Monday he had 28! Maybe this court was slower.
No mate, Gasquet was reading his serve so well. It was just brilliant.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts

Way too easy, Gasquet was rock solid, but then again Lopez always had problems with him, now H2H 4:0.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
We'll have to see Gasquet against a great baseliner to really see what are his chances there.
Because let's be honest,F.Lopez's baseline game is hardly great(contrary to the other spanish players).
Gasquet generally eats serve and volleyers alive as he is pretty good at passing.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
We'll have to see Gasquet against a great baseliner to really see what are his chances there.
Because let's be honest,F.Lopez's baseline game is hardly great(contrary to the other spanish players).
Gasquet generally eats serve and volleyers alive as he is pretty good at passing.
Would Igor Andreev qualify as a great baseliner? considering the court is slow and the puffing balls will suit his game as the match progresses?

But I do agree, Lopez played poorly today. Though, most of it was because Richard read his serve perfectly and made some great returns. I can safely say that richard's in great form after watching this match.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Richard, I'm impressed! Would have loved to have seen the match though.

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Time for Richard to have a good run in a slam again, and I'd like to see him meeting Rafa (Or Roddick! Wouldn't that be a riot) in the Semis.

I expected more from F-lo, though.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Great match from Richie, I hope he makes semis and plays Roddick or Nadal that would be great match

1 - 20 of 39 Posts