·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The march continues. :sport:

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
santi wasn't even that bad, it was just nole was that damn good. I'm liking the slice now.

Santi has strange loop action that could hamper him against powerful strikers. He has good power but he needs time to set it up.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Santi played well for half a set. :yeah:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Djokovic did not need to play his at his best. It looked like he was going to through the motions. Giraldo had a nice brief spell in the first set and after that meekly went away. Djokovic just doing enough, similar to Federer in that respect.

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
NOLE = perfect brutal tennis

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Getting the feeling this Australian Open may be Nole's French Open 08. Bit worried for Rafa should he get to the final (and let's face it he has one of the kindest draws he's had in a while). :unsure:

Hopes pinned on Andy in the semi. ;) In all seriousness good for Novak - great again & he'll roll over Mahut next. First real "test" should be Raonic (assuming Raonic gets past Roddick/Hewitt which I hope he does since the latter have no chance at all against the new Novak...).

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I have really underrated Giraldo in the past... didn't think he had any weapons but his serve can actually really get some heat and his groundstrokes are potent.

i am interested to see what will happen with Santiago in the next few years, it could go great... or it could go bad. hard to tell.

like others have said, bad luck with the draw, Novak is just so fast and so consistant.

Reactions: VolandriFan

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts