Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Re: AO R2: Benny halts the expected choke/comeback, def. Simon 7-5, 7-6(8). 1-6. 3-6.

Lovin' that winners jig. The Frenchman's got the moves.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Impressive win. Absolute war of attrition.

Don't think Julien really needed to trainer on though...

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
:haha: crazy benne victory dance... what was that? he's been taking tips from Gael.

Happy for the guy, sick effort and level these last few weeks.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
:facepalm:

Sad day with so many of my favorites losing.

Reactions: rtgy

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
:bounce:

Julien :yeah: Great effort and epic reaction in the end :)

:wavey: Simug

PS: Grrr....One minute! :(

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
It seems Benneteau is going to finally reach the Top 30 at the age of 30. Good for tennis, he's much more better technically and mentally than his ranking would suggest.

Simon couldn't deal physically with two 5-setters in a row like Troicki, no place for excuses remembering Mantilla (2003) and Hrbaty (2006) won 3 consecutive 5-setters in the Melburnian heat.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
This just goes to show what a difference a day makes. Benneteau and Nieminen both made the final in Sydney but rain postponed play until Sunday. The winner Nieminen is scheduled to play his AO first round match the next day and ends up retiring through injury; the runner-up Benneteau gets a day of rest and ends up defeating his first two opponents.

Happy for Julien. Shameful scheduling by Tennis Australia on Nieminen's part though...

·
Banned
75 Posts
This should not have been on court six. From the small part i saw the crowd was dead. Security told the corwd not to make noise only clap. That didn't help. Quality started well alot of french flair on show. Neither guy hits all that hard. Both put more effort into accuracy and point construction. Terrible calls didn't help Simon. he was robbed a couple of times...

It's a pity i had to rush over to rod laver arena for my front row seats. Would have loved to see more of this...

bad for the Aus Open that simon is out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts