Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Whether it is luck, or kinda his own wrongdoing, it is very unfortunate to retire in your home slam in the 1st round.

Thanasi would have been one of my future hopes after his 2015 season, but as some other young guns regressed or got injured too often, he also could not avoid that string of events, alas fate...

That sort of discussion would lead away from tennis/sports, so I better leave it at that.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
It's really really sad what has happened to Kokk.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I can't even... It might be better just to end ruining his body altogether.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
In hindsight, TA will feel justified for not having given a WC to Kokkinakis. This guy is unbelievably brittle for a world class athlete. This is more than just bad luck.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
IIRC after this article last year there was then incredibly the knee injury due to tripping on one of those advert boxes in the back court. I believe shortly after his win over Fed. I recall AZ once throwing one of those boxes around after also nearly falling over one.

Thanasi though, might still be doing something wrong/subpar in his practice for these upper body injuries to reoccur time and again...

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Big Taro is approaching Federer levels of luckbotting. How much money has he made in Australia from losing 24/7 and a slam win by retirement?

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
In hindsight, TA will feel justified for not having given a WC to Kokkinakis. This guy is unbelievably brittle for a world class athlete. This is more than just bad luck.
I like Kokk I really do, but his body just won't hold up. I head a commentator say during the Q's that Kokk had been offered a W/C, but wouldn't take it. I have no idea whether that was true or not?

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
If you think so, youre BS'ing yourself.

Without 3 quali matches, Kokk might still be healthy, and would definitely be in R2 right now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you think so, youre BS'ing yourself.

Without 3 quali matches, Kokk might still be healthy, and would definitely be in R2 right now.
maybe he would have been fine if he had a wildcard.
but you have to admit. the fact he ended up getting injured after 3 best of three set matches. makes TA feel they made a good choice. give it to someone who can take advantage of the opportunity.

That being said though. I do still think he should have gotten a wildcard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts