Mens Tennis Forums banner

Safin versus Gulbis

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a teaser. I am going for Safin in 4.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Definitely not their racquets :)

·
#freeviktor
93,881 Posts
I hope Gulbis can do it :D He'd need to do it in 3 or 4 though, if it goes to 5 I would think Safin.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
i'm not quite sure what to make of safin's current form. looking at his recent matches at kooyong it seems like a mixed picture, he obviously started very strong and then went down vs. roddick. on the other hand, roddick's always been hot as hell in kooyong, so don't know how to assess all that.

gulbis could be in for a surprise but i doubt it. he'll probably take a set though because of marat's mood swings during a match.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
William Hill are going to accept bets on how many racquets will be smashed in that match. :p

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
William Hill are going to accept bets on how many racquets will be smashed in that match. :p
We'll see how many suckers will put their money on 'zero' :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
i say safin in 4

·
Come on, Ernest!
17,055 Posts
It depends on how Gulbis feels - he's been having a wisdom tooth problem the past couple of weeks. If the tooth doesn't bother him then I feel quite optimistic about his chances. But Gulbis hasn't played a 5-set match ever so he'd probably lose if it took that long.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
who is this gulbis anyway?
but i know marat can easily lose to anybody so... good luck marat!!!

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Hahaaa, Marat needs to show that upstart from Latvia who's still the boss. ;)
*OK to make it clear to everyone - this was a joke*

Well, I hope Marat will win, he looked quite fine in his Kooyong matches but those moods when everything is not going his way .... :tape:
And even if Gulbis has never played 5 sets before I wouldn't be so sure Marat's stamina will still last. Especially in this heat. :eek: :tape: :bolt:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Ernests Gulbis - Marat Safin

What do you think of this match at the AO?

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
This could easily turn out to be like Dancevic - Safin from the US Open, where everybody was hyping up Dancevic and Safin rolled him in straights. I say Safin to possibly set up a repeat of the 2002 final.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think Gulbis in 4

Safin will win 1st set,then when he lose 2nd set he will breakdown and lose another two very quickly

1 - 20 of 48 Posts