Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
Anyone?

Querrey GOAT'ing or Coric somehow still without any form?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Coric just isn't progressing at all...literally no progress has been made in 2 years now(you can even argue he has regressed). He is being passed by his peers every month. I feel bad for his fans. 5 years ago, he was considered to be a very promising upstart....now he looks to be no more than a glorified journeyman. His name doesn't even come up as top of his generation anymore. I hope he finds the spark somewhere soon.

Grats to Querrey...it'll be interesting to see what type of damage he can do here.

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
Strong Era.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Congrats to Querrey, played very well today and showed no rust at all in his first competitive match of the year. I expect him to meet Berrettini in R3, where I hope the Italian gets revenge for their last (and only) meeting (IW '19).

2020 is shaping up to be a terrible year for Coric, even more disappointing than last season. No doubt injury and parting ways with Piatti didn't help, but he looks completely helpless and rudderless right now in a way I've never seen him before. Whatever improvements Stepanek is trying to make to Coric's game are yet to make themselves evident.

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
Coric just isn't progressing at all...literally no progress has been made in 2 years now(you can even argue he has regressed).
What you're saying makes no sense.

2018 was by far his best ever season, he made major progress.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
What you're saying makes no sense.

2018 was by far his best ever season, he made major progress.
And since then? It's been a lot of dissapointment. When's the last time someone has brought up his name in the list of promising or top NextGen?

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
And since then? It's been a lot of dissapointment. When's the last time someone has brought up his name in the list of promising or top NextGen?
Do you not see what you said / what I quoted?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I don't know if his back problems are bothering him or if he is just back to the constant yapping and complaining mode, which he kinda restarted at Umag vs Caruso last year. Before that Coric had things pretty much under control imo. His attitude is of a player who deserves more all the time and something unfair is happening to him...but in this world you gotta go out and take it, you gotta fight for your name and Ws every day, can't live with the "talent" tag forever.

·
Registered
14,458 Posts
Coric is overrated, no questions about it. Always has been, always will be.

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
"Oh, he lacks confidence, oh, he might be injured, oh, back problems, oh oh oh."
How much time until you guys realize that Coric IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH? Average player at best. And to think that even I thought he might win this match. Jesus Christ.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Good result.
This means good serve and volley players can still compete against decent baseliners on this surface.

·
Registered
13,947 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Borna ?‍♀ ?‍♀ ?‍♀

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Coric is definitely lost out there, has no idea where he is at with his game, where he wants to be and how to get there.

Those of us who know him bit better, years ago kept telling that his stuborness might ruin his career and it certainly looks like its happening.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts