Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Funny how you guys can knock on someone, who would probably triple bagel any of you.
Nothing against Young. But everything against people who use these types of arguments. Professional athletes are professional athletes. Let the redundancy of that sentence sink in. There are certain expectations pros of their sport are supposed to meet. It doesn't matter if Young can beat me with his arms tied behind his back, he his competing on the professional circuit and if he can't cut it, then he must suck in relative terms.

That said, I have nothing against Young. I like the kid, and think he is very talented. But at the same time, he still needs some time to grow both physically and mentally, get some muscle on his frame, gain some confidence, etc. Hoping that by 2009 he'll get some really solid results on the ATP tour, and see how things go from there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Was really hoping he'd win. He was really screwed the 7th pt in the 2nd tiebreak. He should have been up 4-3 would have been a big difference, he could have been up two sets to love. Anwyay, I'm sure we will see alot of him in the US tournies in February and March.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Young is overrated. Like all American players.

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Young is only 18 , so, how can anyone say he can't make it? Why don't you just give him a chance and then post all the hate you want in a few years time. I am not even a fan of Donald and I don't even know what he looks like for that matter. Very few players have risen to the top in their teens. Even Roger Federer got all his game together about 4 years ago when he was 22. So, why pick on Donald Young? Just to spite his haters I hope he will be top ten and then the haters and bashers will eat humble pie.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If only Don had won that second set. I knew Berrer would win from the beginning though.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts