Michael :yeah:

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
good win Michael! :D

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Congrats to Berrer, good to see Young keep fighting in the 4th set when he was obviously down.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Nothing against Young, I'm just glad he lost so I don't have to listen to any PMac tongue baths.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Congrats to Berrer, good to see Young keep fighting in the 4th set when he was obviously down.
That was good to see- even though Donald still tends to berate himself too much on the court. At least he did not just pack it in and give up.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Yeah, so he's short, big deal. Pics is 5'9'' and 5 in the world :shrug:
If you're talking about what I said, I didn't mean there was anything wrong with him being shorter. I just very much doubt he's 6'0" like the ATP stats say.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
This was Young's AO debut wasn't it? If so then I thought he did pretty good pushing a veteran player to three tiebreaks, winning one of them. The only thing that stopped Donald was his inexperience. Good effort from the kid.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Donald Young is just that Young. Some people need to lay off a little bit. If you've seen the kid play you know he already has a few pieces to the puzzle, he just has things to work on.

He has speed, great instincts, solid forehand that can be vicious at times, and very soft hands when at the net.

He has to work on his backhand, serve (which he has improved on regardless of what people say), and his mental game.

Was impressed with the way he played at times though, you can tell he's been working hard on his game and really wants to win.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Berrer must be happy for not losing to another kid born in 1989 after losing to Nishikori in Indianapolis. :)

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
I was actually pretty impressed by what I saw of Donald, his game has really improved quite a lot and his variety really is impressive. the thing I noticed was his attitude, it is still very poor. he's young and immature still and has a long way to go, I just hope he realizes at some point that swearing at himself and smashing his racquet around every time he makes an error is probably not the way to success.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Donald Young does not suck at all. he is rather talented. I just find him bratty and am tired of the hype machine. I think he will mature soon. I mean, he is still a kid, but since he grew up in the USA he does have a lot of that American "in your face" attitude that tends to annoy me. I have never like Roddick or Connors or Blake or Agassi or Serena Williams for that reason. I do like Ginepri, Fish, Chrissie Evert, Chanda Rubin, Lindsay Davenport.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Young with a serve can be a very good player. Young as he is now will never get big wins, it just can't be done with a first delivery which doesn't even put him in control of the point.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
he played great match and he lost in mainly in TBs so it isn't too hard I think he will make some impact later in the season , he showed that he has game now he needs to get head

·
Registered
616 Posts
So many people saying Young sucks, grow up, the man is only 18 and has a truckload of talent and feel for the game. Like the above poster said, if he gets a better serve he will climb the rankings no doubt.

·
F***ing have it
17,616 Posts
Not that bad. It wasn't a 0-6, 0-6, 3-6 beatdown. Plenty of time to learn and grow up

21 - 40 of 56 Posts