·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Berrer :yeah:

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually Young didn't play that bad. Simply Berrer is way better than him and outplayed him.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Andre♥;6426395 said:
Actually Young didn't play that bad. Simply Berrer is way better than him and outplayed him.

Sums it up from what I saw of the match. But the popular thing here is to just bash Young all the time- even if you don't watch his matches.

Donald has some nice tennis smarts- but really is a bit oversized. He needs to work on his serve too. But I think he has an enjoyable game- even if it is not "popular" to do so on MTF.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
The ATP stats have Young at 6'0" No way he's that tall.

Good TB from Berrer (all I saw)

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Too bad I was looking forward to, and I quote, "a possible showdown with Andy Roddick in round two." (Jon Wertheim):p

·
Registered
7,424 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
donald played a good match especially considering his opponent was a lot bigger and stronger. whats surprising is that donald hit 14 more winners than berrer.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
He got robbed on 2 really shitty calls in the 2nd set tiebreak and he just seemed to lose focus and crumble a bit from there on. He's got a nice game to watch though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
He got robbed on 2 really shitty calls in the 2nd set tiebreak and he just seemed to lose focus and crumble a bit from there on. He's got a nice game to watch though.
the call at 3-3 in the second set tiebreak was terrible but donald should have let it go instead of going safin on the umpire and losing his concentration and the tiebreak.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Andre♥;6426395 said:
Couldn't make enough first serves, mentally weak, too many dumb errors. And he seemed to have a lot of trouble returning Berrer's serves. Still needs some more experience under his belt. But i am glad that he's at least losing by smaller margins and not giving up halfway in matches when things aren't going his way.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
GL to Berrer! :yeah:

·
Your visions will happen
48,860 Posts
Yeah, so he's short, big deal. Pics is 5'9'' and 5 in the world :shrug:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, so he's short, big deal. Pics is 5'9'' and 5 in the world :shrug:
and he didnt get there until the age of 25. in 7 years donald could very well be top 5.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Good stuff from Berrer, he lately gets a few good wins :yeah:

I hope Young can have still a good season, good luck for him!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts