Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Qualifier via walkover

Votes: 7 17.9%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50/50 IMO. Haas will need to play well on RLA.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
This Qualifier is too good! Haas has no chance, and he will realise it before that match and runaway like a chicken!

·
Registered
582 Posts
This Qualifier is too good! Haas has no chance, and he will realise it before that match and runaway like a chicken!

But the backhand of Qualifier is pretty week. Haas just needs to stay away from his forehand and play lots of backhand to backhand rallies. Haas is the slight favorite IMO.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I don't know, Haas is a real unknown right now in terms of form, but you can always count on Qualifier for consistency.

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was praying for anyone but Qualifier. Sucks.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
This Qualifier is quite the player playing 16 singles matches. The only other player to play multiple singles matches in the first round though was Bye and he has a shithouse record. I also suspect Qualifier must be a woman as it will also be playing 16 matches in the womens draw. Haas should account for her quite easily.

Reactions: Nole Rules

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Qualifier has not yet lost a match this year, so I'd say Haas can get at most 6 games over the whole match.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
But the backhand of Qualifier is pretty week. Haas just needs to stay away from his forehand and play lots of backhand to backhand rallies. Haas is the slight favorite IMO.
Sure his backhand isn't the greatest, but it is becoming more steady and his slice isn't bad. Qualifier was unlucky not to be seeded but I feel he will be at Indian Wells. Sucks the winner will almost certainly have to play Nadal.

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Poll results are damning for Hass.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
I'm disappointed Bye picked up a new injury. Bye is much better than Qualifier
Bye snubs the Slams year after year. Can't handle best of five so just doesn't play or fakes an injury. I think Qualifier is better. It's a shame they NEVER draw each other.

I also feel Lucky Loser doesn't play enough, he's got a good record against Bye.

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm disappointed Qualifier is being discussed more in this thread than Hass.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts