Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monfils led 4-0 in the first set then fell asleep. Basically slept walked through the match with some late fireworks for the crowd. Don't think I've ever seen someone jump into a lob shot before. On to the next one!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Monfils led 4-0 in the first set then fell asleep. Basically slept walked through the match with some late fireworks for the crowd. Don't think I've ever seen someone jump into a lob shot before. On to the next one!
Was disappointed in seeing him go back to his pre-Doha pushing tactic, but that was an amazing shot. He was facing an Aussie with the crowd solidly against him, which he isn't used to. You can pencil him in to the quarters though.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Was disappointed in seeing him go back to his pre-Doha pushing tactic, but that was an amazing shot. He was facing an Aussie with the crowd solidly against him, which he isn't used to. You can pencil him in to the quarters though.
I think it's fine for him to push in matches like this, I mean pushing is good enough to beat guys like Matosevic comfortably so there's no problem there. But against better players he better not push.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Another mug I won't have to watch on TV.

Monfils :yeah:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts