Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impressive from Ferrero. He served well, and was very aggressive in the parts of the match I saw.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Juanqui is back. I predict a top 15 finish this year, just watch. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ferrero was very impressive. Great forehand, backhand, movement and serving. I really wonder, why he cannot play like this more often? If he did he would be back in the top ten.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Good job, JC!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
I'm so happy he won in straight sets and revenged on Kiwi after the 2006 loss in AO!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
:woohoo:JCF!!!!:woohoo:

Word has it from JCF's forum that one of Kiwi's supporters got out of hand early in the 3rd and had to be removed for shouting Juan Carlos was going to lose the game/match. Well, Juanqui went on to win that game, the set, and the match pretty convincingly.:eek:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Epic win. Forehand was devilish. Serve was monstrous. Return was authoritative. Backhand a bit flat, but good enough. The perfect start to the season. He's got an easy opponent in the next round. But after that things become nightmarish. Nalbandian, Ferrer, Djokovic all potentially in a row. But I think he can do it. I believe in him.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I believe in him too after that performance! He was on fire. I don't remember the last time he backed up his serve that well in a GS match - perhaps that set against Blake at Wimbledon when he didn't lose one point on serve. :p I really favored Kiefer in this match, especially remembering their 2006 encounter, so this is a great great surprise.

I'd love to see him upset Nalby, Ferrer, Djokovic... :)

The haircut was all he needec, maybe? He certainly looks more like his 2003 self, aesthetically.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Whoa, never saw this one coming.

A quality match and lots of great, balanced backcourt play from Ferrero.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
:eek:
Nice win even though I lost the bet! :eek:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
This Ferrero played insanely well at times. Forehand and backhand are back?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Better than I expected. Well I actually thought he was gonna lose. Well Done JC

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Probably his best performance outside clay since Cincinnati 2006.

Especially at the end of the second set. Wow. Kiefer never had a chance, besides 2bp at 4:5* in the first set.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts