Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure no one really cares about this result anyway, but just had to make the point, that Souza is a joke. Gets my vote for worst player in the draw (along with Rosol) and in my opinion didn't deserve to be there. Some guys who lost in Qualies would have been more deserving of the opportunity. When you have guys like him making top 100, then you know theres too many tournaments each year played on clay....

Only other time i saw Souza play at Szczecin and it took him 3 sets on clay to beat 18 year old Polish Wildcard Arkadiusz Kocyla :lol: not good impressions

Not to take anything away from Matt today, but for example, he didn't play very well or even do anything special, just had to put the ball in the court and watch Souza self destruct. Ebden played better matches in his last 2 years in AO against Monfils and Russell, than he did today, yet today he wins in straight sets.

If he plays like that against Nishikori, scoreline could be ugly...

As for Souza, I've never seen so many mishits and unforced errors by 2-3 meters out of the court in my life.

Souza was a break up in third 2-1 and lost 5 games straight to lose it 6-2 lol.

Even the commentator says "not to take too much away but the last half an hour hasnt been much of a spectacle to look at - just 2 players ranked around 100 in the world trying to get the grand slam win and the rankings points"

Then 3 minutes later same commentator "wow, theres another one of those misses ,its been a while since ive seen someone miss by so far!!! :lol:

Match was boring and i wouldn't have paid money to watch it :wavey:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Q. Could you tell me a little bit about your background, where you practice?

MATTHEW EBDEN: Yeah, I was actually born in South Africa, but I live in Perth, in Western Australia. A mentor I've had there is Margaret Court, extennis player, a legend in Australia. She's helped me a lot in the last few years.
Interesting. :eek: I thought Margaret was only focusing on her religion and her fight against gays.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i think i have fallen in love with matty, he works hard and is a nice guy. not his best tennis today, but he played the 2nd set tie break well and ran away with the 3rd set when he got the break back.

really happy for him

1 - 5 of 5 Posts