Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty entertaining match from two eye candies who were clearly affected by the Melbourne heat. Chardy :hug:. This kind of match may be exactly what Grisha needs to help him focus in the second round against Almagro.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Every set took almost exactly the same amount of time. I caught the very end, Dimitrov capitalized on Chardy's inconsistency to finish it.

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
Dimi, you little slut ,I'm so happy now.:sobbing:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
couldn't have ended in a different way then with a DF from Chardy. Well done Grisha but so many BPs wasted!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Well, needed that 2 DFs by Chardy in the last game to pull this off, but this is definitely a confidence boost.

He's not playing as well as a couple weeks back, but well, hopefully it gets better from here on.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Was Chardy up a break in the final set?

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Please someone tell the last game is on youtube. I got up to let the cat in and then it was over. I missed the entire final game and I hear there were kisses at the net?! I watch for hours and miss the highlight!!

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Good win, Grisha! That backhand needs work though and so does the return of serve.

Almagro next, could be an entertaining match!

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Last game was horrific from Chardy. Grisha missed an overhead in the previous game though. :shrug:

Yes, there were kisses at the net. Can someone post that awkward Dimitrov-Monfils GIF now?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please someone tell the last game is on youtube. I got up to let the cat in and then it was over. I missed the entire final game and I hear there were kisses at the net?! I watch for hours and miss the highlight!!
I missed the kisses too! I immediately switched to Pico's match.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

Really- considering most of the players are from cultures that do this, there needs to be more besos.

·
Registered
214 Posts
now this is how I like it. Dimitrov was outplayed during the most of the match but took the W. That is how you win titles. Another positive out of this match was he got a ton of bad calls fans were getting on his nerve by giving him advices between first and second serve..., but he managed to stay concentrated and got the win against Shardy who hit somthing like 70+ winners
Well done Grisha

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Good win for Grigor. It was difficult playing against his buddy but he toughed it out and raised his level when he had to. I hope he can beat Almagro in the next round.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If a match is close, don't bet on Chardy to win it :lol: Good for Dimitrov though. The younger guys really need to start stepping up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts